RACISM is alive and active in Virginia Colleges/Universities!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on RACISM is alive and active in Virginia Colleges/Universities! within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Yes, Virginia, the home of Robert E Lee, racism runs deep in the 21st Century. Notably in the Virginia Colleges/University system. An extensive multi-year study ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Slippy
  • 2 Post By KUSA
  • 4 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: RACISM is alive and active in Virginia Colleges/Universities!

Yes, Virginia, the home of Robert E Lee, racism runs deep in the 21st Century. Notably in the Virginia Colleges/University system. An extensive multi-year study of Virginia colleges and universities uncovered;

"...a significant amount of discrimination, especially at the first two schools,” the center said in a press release about the report."

Of course the discrimination occurred AGAINST white student applicants who had higher scores and grades but were rejected while black students with lower grades and test scores were admitted.

(Sadly, no surprise here...)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...sions-process/
    Michael_Js, SGG, KUSA and 2 others like this.

That’s plenty good reason not to go there.
    Slippy and NewRiverGeorge like this.

Super Moderator

Isn't it amazing people fought against racism and segregation only so their future generations could be racist and want to segregate themselves.
    KUSA, Slippy, Mule13 and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Racism exists in all points of the United States. I graduated from the UW-Madison in 1972. Sure, the blacks led several marches and sit-ins, but were also derided by "rich suburban kids" who had to walk through noisy demonstrations.

I have a theory. People go to college and learn to become adults. However, for most of this tenure they are the same stupid children they were in high school.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Racism exists in all points of the United States. I graduated from the UW-Madison in 1972. Sure, the blacks led several marches and sit-ins, but were also derided by "rich suburban kids" who had to walk through noisy demonstrations.

I have a theory. People go to college and learn to become adults. However, for most of this tenure they are the same stupid children they were in high school.
    1972, remember it well. I was a Babe Ruth League Baseball All-Star that year back when being a Youth Baseball All-Star actually was earned by merit/statistics etc not because you were able to take a breath and text a picture of your ass to other little brats while mommy carried your bat bag filled with equipment that you didn't need nor know how use anyway...but I digress...

I remember the All-Star game well, the kid on the mound for the other team was throwing gas and nobody could get any wood on the ball. (It may have been aluminum bats by '72 but I don't remember that aspect of this particular game so I'll stick with great American Ash bats)

Anyhoo, since nobody could hit this kid's heat, I decided I'd step to the back of the box, figuring the extra foot would somehow slow Nolan Ryan Jr's pitch down to a manageable level...of course the kid gets an 0-2 count on me quicker than pea soup thru a 3 year old (shout out to @bigwheel ) so I step back even further. Heatmeister rears back and chucks another piece of swiss cheese to me and I close my eyes and swing for all I'm worth.

CONTACT! HELL YEAH! but then reality sets in...

UMMM, OOOOPS...my bad, contact was not with the ball it was with the catcher's mitt.

CRAP! The crowd groans and I was immediately dejected as the hind catcher picks up the dropped ball and tags me out.

OR SO THEY THOUGHT! Slippy knows that Official Major League rule 5.05 (b) 3 states that a catcher cannot interfere with a batter! So by moving back in the box, Slippy figured he could get the catcher to help him advance to first without hitting the vaporized sphere that this phenom was throwing!

Slippy is officially awarded first base and a few batters later, game over.

But it was a great trip down memory lane!

Y'all have a great day and remember, if you can't hit the heat, swing for the "cheat"...
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-20-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    Prepared One likes this.

I know a guy that was wait listed at UVa, and I suspect that part of the reason was, is that he is white. He is a super smart individual, and everything that UVa should want.
    But he is white, so there.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Affirmative action. If the minorities ever figure out what it actually is.............
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Sponsored Links