FTC Chairman Prepared to Break Up Big Tech
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on FTC Chairman Prepared to Break Up Big Tech within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I do not think that only a threat will work. They should be broken up. U.S. Federal Trade Commission is prepared to break up major ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: FTC Chairman Prepared to Break Up Big Tech

I do not think that only a threat will work. They should be broken up.

U.S. Federal Trade Commission is prepared to break up major technology platforms if necessary by undoing their past mergers, Chairman Joe Simons said on Tuesday in an interview to Bloomberg, as the agency anti-competitive practices in the sector.

Simons said in the interview that breaking up a company is challenging, but could be the right remedy to rein in dominant companies and restore competition.

He is leading a broad review of the technology sector to see whether companies including Facebook Inc are harming competition.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ig-tech-firms/
    Smitty901 likes this.

I have long called for break up of google . They did it to ATT why not google. Apple should be on that list also.
    RedLion and Annie like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Sounds like a bit of ex post facto goofiness. If free enterprise really works..they need competitors not bureacratic government micro managment.
    RedLion likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Sounds like a bit of ex post facto goofiness. If free enterprise really works..they need competitors not bureacratic government micro managment.
    Google and Twitter have not only illegally censured conservatives sites, but they have prevented free enterprise including for other search engines such as GAB. They need to be broken up as they are a danger to our nation. Google is also big time in bed with the Chinese govt and military.
    Denton, Annie, Smitty901 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Google and Twitter have not only illegally censured conservatives sites, but they have prevented free enterprise including for other search engines such as GAB. They need to be broken up as they are a danger to our nation. Google is also big time in bed with the Chinese govt and military.
    Not sure what to do about my next phone for that reason. Google and android and let them take my data. .or apple and iOS and let them take my data...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Marica and RedLion like this.

I am a proponent of free enterprise and generally speaking, I don't want the government involved. However, Google, fakebook, and the giant tech's are now entitled to special dispensation from the government based on the idea that they would allow free discourse and exchange of ideas. They no longer do that. They control a vast amount of the information that the American people see and hear. They are as well, clearly in bed with the left. There is no free exchange of ideas, only what they want you to see. That's dangerous.

RedLion, Annie and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I am torn on this

First they come up with a product that people use and they grow and grow and become a giant... free market working

on other hand.. when they pick sides in politics and start blocking and slowing down one group over the other - they stop being a business making money and start becoming a political arm making "kings" and helping to elect policy makers
    Green Lilly and Prepared One like this.
    Be a Berean

It looks like Project Veritas is doing the good work again.

HUGE! Google Insider Releases Hundreds of Internal Documents on Google’s Deceptive and Totalitarian Tactics Against Conservatives
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...conservatives/
    Smitty901 likes this.

Imagine if ford and chevy only sold vehicles to liberals and conservatives were force to use horse and buggy

or if antibiotics were only given to democrats
    Slippy, Denton and Prepared One like this.
    Be a Berean

I'd be fine with the whole internet going away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links