Pentagon testing surveilance balloons
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Pentagon testing surveilance balloons within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...llance-midwest Not sure how many saw this, but it's just another step into constant surveillance over anyone and everyone everywhere. Guess I'll have to see ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Pentagon testing surveilance balloons

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...llance-midwest

Not sure how many saw this, but it's just another step into constant surveillance over anyone and everyone everywhere. Guess I'll have to see if I can find out if and when they'll be my way so I can give them the finger...lol. Below is a excerpt from the article.

"Exclusive: the high-altitude balloons promise a cheap monitoring platform that could follow multiple cars and boats for extended periods

The US military is conducting wide-area surveillance tests across six midwest states using experimental high-altitude balloons, documents filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reveal.

Up to 25 unmanned solar-powered balloons are being launched from rural South Dakota and drifting 250 miles through an area spanning portions of Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Missouri, before concluding in central Illinois.

Travelling in the stratosphere at altitudes of up to 65,000ft, the balloons are intended to “provide a persistent surveillance system to locate and deter narcotic trafficking and homeland security threats”, according to a filing made on behalf of the Sierra Nevada Corporation, an aerospace and defence company."
    Last edited by spork; 08-03-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    bigwheel, Michael_Js and RedLion like this.

US navy use to have air ships. They had a base for them in Opa-loca Fl
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

They can also image you walking out of a gun store or gun show and ID you, along with the make, model and SN of the firearm you have tucked under your arm.
    RedLion likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Back in the mid to late 80's my mother married a man whose son had very high security clearance, I was told by his son that at that time the gov could read a credit card number from space. Think they've known a lot more for longer than most think. Not sure if I believed him or not, sure didn't doubt it though. He was about as straight an arrow you would ever find.
    SGG and Slippy like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Read this yeasterday. In the interest of security and safety we give more and more control to big brother.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

― Benjamin Franklin
    1skrewsloose likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Its ppretty funny when I clicked the link to read the article the first thing that popped up was a window about my privacy and how the site uses cookies to track me. A little ironic and proves the point we are constantly being tracked by someone somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

The Good Cop

In the late 70's and 80's when the drug smugglers used aircraft, the government used tethered balloons equipped with radar at two different locations in the Florida Keys.
    One was nicknamed Fat Albert by the locals.

This is nothing new, the only thing changed is the technology.
    RedLion likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Thas pretty impressive, The New CC I got the number is printed on the back instead of embossed on the front. I Can hardly read it 10 in. in front of my face !
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    This is nothing new, the only thing changed is the technology.
    @RPD, I agree. In fact, to me it sounds like older technology. Several years ago (I believe in a gun magazine) I read about some police squad cars that had high-speed cameras in their forward grills. The camera would automatically take a picture of the license plate, and also register the time, date and location of the car.

In other words, the camera registered a car and driver that had not yet violated the law.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @RPD, I agree. In fact, to me it sounds like older technology. Several years ago (I believe in a gun magazine) I read about some police squad cars that had high-speed cameras in their forward grills. The camera would automatically take a picture of the license plate, and also register the time, date and location of the car.

In other words, the camera registered a car and driver that had not yet violated the law.
    In our little relatively backwoods county, the police cars have license plate readers that can tell a deputy instantly whether that car has insurance, who it is registered to, and if the driver has any warrants. All by driving behind it in traffic.
    Several of the cars also have facial recognition cameras.

If WE have that technology here, I can only imagine what big city departments have.
    Michael_Js and The Tourist like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links