DRC Ebola- Public Health Emergency of International Concern
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on DRC Ebola- Public Health Emergency of International Concern within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; So it appears that WHO has labelled the ebola outbreak in the DRC a "Public Health Emergency of International Concern". This outbreak has been quietly ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Green Lilly
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Schattentarn

Thread: DRC Ebola- Public Health Emergency of International Concern

So it appears that WHO has labelled the ebola outbreak in the DRC a "Public Health Emergency of International Concern". This outbreak has been quietly festering over there for about a year now. It doesn't really seem that it is spreading with the ferocity of the west africa ebola outbreak that got going in 2014. Also nowhere near the numbers of infected and dead. At last count I think they were somewhere around 2300 confirmed cases. That isn't a drop in the bucket compared to the millions that live there.

Seems to me they have kept it relatively under control, even with all of the cards stacked against them (lack of infrastructure, militia violence, corruption and the unwillingness of much of the population to seek treatment). Then one guy ends up in Goma and the designation changes.

I guess, with all things considered, I am wondering if this really is a health emergency of "international" importance. Was this designation just a way to pull more resources into the area or should we be paying closer attention to it with concerns that it could spread internationally?
    Slippy likes this.

Its interesting that we don't hear that much about Ebola any more.

Insightful article;

https://herald-review.com/news/world...#anchor_item_1
    Prepared One likes this.

Didn't we just go through this a few years a go.
    Prepared One likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I really don't give a rat's rear about Ebola in DRC. I give a rat's rear about Ebola here. This brings me to NGOs who trot around the globe telling you they are there to help humanity, usually against your interest. This is especially true for my favorite NGO Doctors Without Borders. The get grants from here and there, fly to some S-hole in Africa were Ebola is raging, set up a clinic and then contract the disease themselves. And what do they do when they, those wonderful doctors and their staff, get sick? The fly back to their home countries in the US, Canada, Australia, NZ and Europe for treatment. The clinic they just set up for "natives" is not good enough for them so they fly back here, try to get through customs and medical screening, and come to the best hospitals in the country.

There is a little secret about epidemics. Public Health agencies all over the world know the secret but they don't like repeating politically incorrect words to the public so we never hear it. The secret is "Epidemic" has a reflexive response and treatment procedure: "Quarantine". Where there is an epidemic the immediate response is and should be quarantine. Every student learns this in Public Health 101.

But those heroes at Doctors Without Borders either don't know this or don't care. They would rather break quarantine and return to their home countries, spreading the disease on the way, but getting treated themselves. Personally, I have no respect for these people and think they should be tried criminally if they ever pull this stunt again. This is how people died of Ebola in the USA.
    rstanek likes this.

Watch the series The Hot Zone. Great mini series on Ebola and how it was found and not contained very well.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

be glad it is not airborne
    Be a Berean

Sponsored Links