2 Tankers Torpedoed Straight of Hormuz - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2 Tankers Torpedoed Straight of Hormuz

This is a discussion on 2 Tankers Torpedoed Straight of Hormuz within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.foxnews.com/world/highly...f-oman-defense Torpedos or mines?...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2 Tankers Torpedoed Straight of Hormuz

RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post

could be both - since the area is under watch for another scuba/limpet mine attack - Iran might have sent in a sub with divers aboard - then used a torpedo also >>> Iran has a good size fleet of German made diesel subs that are slicker than snot ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

They can generally tell if it was a Torpedo or mine
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    could be both - since the area is under watch for another scuba/limpet mine attack - Iran might have sent in a sub with divers aboard - then used a torpedo also >>> Iran has a good size fleet of German made diesel subs that are slicker than snot ....
    I imagine a stick of dynamite would serve as a depth charge for divers. Could launch from a crossbow.

All you would need is an array of good fish finders to detect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I imagine a stick of dynamite would serve as a depth charge for divers. Could launch from a crossbow.

All you would need is an array of good fish finders to detect them.
    Very unlikely a stick of dynamite would do much in a case like that and sure could not be launched by a bow.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

U.S. Identifies Iran as Responsible for Two Tanker Ship Attacks in Gulf of Oman Today…
    attacked by unknown entities causing hull breach explosions that rendered the vessels inoperable.
    No doubt Iran feels empowered to attack Western interests partly due to the support expressed by former Secretary of State Kerry and former President Obama. Both have created an open window for Iran by undermining President Trump.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...of-oman-today/
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Very unlikely a stick of dynamite would do much in a case like that and sure could not be launched by a bow.
    Mad trapper is talking about using the dynamite as a depth charge against the divers placing the mines. In Vietnam we used to drop a grenade over the side at odd intervals to discourage divers. The concussion could injure or kill a diver.
    Mad Trapper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Mad trapper is talking about using the dynamite as a depth charge against the divers placing the mines. In Vietnam we used to drop a grenade over the side at odd intervals to discourage divers. The concussion could injure or kill a diver.
    Ok I give that one will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Ok I give that one will work.
    I've launched quite a few different things with my bow. A M80 with a rock taped to it is pretty devastating on fish. Think about a full stick with some lead/solder wrapped around it as a depth charge. A bow would launch that pretty far.

The newer "fishfinder" sonars can see pretty far sideways.

Grenades would be better. You could launch those with an old M1/M14

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    What does this do to gas and oil prices?? 4 tankers mined last week and now 2 more attacked. They start sinking tankers in the gulf and fuel prices will go through the roof.

We have been waiting for prices to go down. Took this as a signal and restocked all my fuel supplies. Rotating 5-6 month old fuel out for fresh.

Imagine what would happen if this was a US ship.
    It was,apparently Iran using limpet mines.

Gulf of Oman tanker attacks: US says video shows Iran removing mine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48633016

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links