Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

This is a discussion on Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Prepared One Isn't this the kid that had, like, 32 prior red flags prior to the shooting? (So much for red flag ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Isn't this the kid that had, like, 32 prior red flags prior to the shooting? (So much for red flag laws). Is Peterson a coward? Yep. Does he deserve jail? No, he is just a fall guy. He will live the rest of his life knowing what he did. His arrest is nothing more then cover for all the other people who failed miserably.

As long as we are throwing people in jail, why not start with all the people who saw the warning signs and still let this kid slide on down the line. His parents or the legal guardians who had a front row seat and saw all the signs, yet, they let him have a rifle and gave him the key to the gun safe. To my way of thinking, the guardians are most culpable, they knew the kids history and still gave him access to a firearm.

How about all the teachers and administrators who just bumped him down the line knowing he was trouble. The FBI who had his social media threats in hand and did nothing. The police departments poor training. If your going to arrest Peterson then there is a long line of people that should be in the same cell with him. You can start with the police chief and that kids guardians.

Where does it stop. Bottom line? It stops with the shooter. He made a conscious choice and he should be forced to pay the ultimate price for his choice. 15 minutes of fame over. No ceremony, bang, flop, next.
    One thousand likes and thank yous....
    bigwheel and Prepared One like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    ...........We don't let the lefty slimes blame Ruger for the shooting...........
    Sure we do.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/70343...o-move-forward
    bigwheel likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I didn't post a link because all the articles I read were filled with liberal bullshit. But from what I gather Parkland, FL School Response Officer Scot Peterson was arrested and charged with multiple felonies associated with the murders at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Peterson DID NOT COMMIT the murders, Nikolas Cruz did.

Peterson apparently acted cowardly and remained at a distance to the shooter.

There are some other charges related to perjury but from what I can tell, he is charged with 11 criminal charges, including child neglect and negligence as well as the perjury charges.

I have mixed feelings about this one, YES he acted cowardly. But is he a criminal for doing so? Do these charges take away from the fact that the actual killer Nikolas Cruz did this? Cruz is responsible for this, not Peterson?

To me this is yet another example of a World Done Gone Crazy...what do you think?
    Either way, I would feel ok about hanging him by his neck. He was charged with the protection of children and he failed to try.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I can understand "responsibility to protect", but heading into a gun battle with unknown perp or perps is another thing.
    I am not up to speed, but I wouldn't DEMAND anyone "take a bullet for me".
    He has to live his life, looking in the mirror, KNOWING he made a choice, and he has to live with it.
    I don't demand anyone, including cops, take a bullet for me, but I would like to think a cop whose assignment was to protect my children would be willing to take a bullet for them. If they are not, then they are useless, which proved to be the case here, if the stories are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I agree with you. He acted like a coward... but that is not illegal. He will have to live with that shame. I think charging him is to deflect from the overall bad actions over a long period of time by the local police department

saying he would have saved people is assuming he did not get killed...

also.. there were other officers that could have said SCREW YOU I am going in
    I think there were other officers that did, just not Broward County Cowards Sherriff Deputies..

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    OK, . . . another thought pattern:

If you take the job as an electrician, . . . you go in every day with the thought you might have to work on a hot line that day, . . . up to may 15,000 volts.

If you take the job as a fireman, . . . you go in every day with the thought you might have to don your OBA and enter a burning structure.

If you take the job as a cowboy, . . . you go in every day with the thought you might get thrown by a horse, gored by a steer, or run over by a herd.

If you take the job as a soldier, sailor, marine or airman, . . . you go in every day with the thought you might just not come home today.

These are the hazards of the trade.

The idea that being a policeman gives one the privilege he can pick and choose what danger he does or does not enter is ludicrous.

The lowest rung on the fear ladder is "I'm afraid". The next step is "I'm a coward". A few more steps up is the label "Sniveling, lazy, scumbag, yellow-bellied, traitor". The coward of Broward was several rungs above that.

Tie a rope around his neck, . . . loop it over the bumper of a Ford F350 Dually, . . . and drag his sorry carcass from Jacksonville to El Paso, . . . whatever is left in the noose, . . . shoot it, . . . bury it, . . . and build a 2 holer over top of it, . . . and put up a sign "Enjoy part of the old west, . . . free 2 holer facilities here".

Scum like him shouldn't be allowed to breathe in the same company of honest hard working men and women.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    I'm with you, Dwight. I have no use for weak people who choose careers that need strength. My father told me early on that a coward is the most dangerous man you will ever deal with.
    dwight55 and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rocky View Post
    He was fired, probably lost his pension. That’s tough. To have to taxpayers spend (what is it now) somewhere north of $40K/ year to have him stay at the grey-bar inn does no go. Just my 2¢
    The gallows would solve that problem....
    dwight55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I do not know this guy but.... his whole career and his value as a human being are now being viewed in light of the actions inactions that took place over the course of a very brief span of time
    It is not the mundane moments that make a man, but his actions or lack there of, in moments of crisis, whether that be physical crisis, a moral crisis, or a crisis of faith.
    dwight55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2X View Post
    Yes -- he is a coward ! He could have saved lives had he not hid outside!
    He was the school officer!!
    The Sherrif should also be charged because, according to him, he provided training.
    Appearently that training was damn poor!!
    While I agree about the Sheriff and his office, you can't train courage into people.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Everybody gets old and worthless. We all know that. I sorta think the old codger did what he was taught to do in that type of situation. Maybe he didnt get the word that sitting up a peremiter and calling the ninja turtles went out the window after Columbine. Under the cop version of active shooter training they told us dont go in with less that a three man team...but two would work in a pinch. lol. If one guy did not want to rush in a lone and get killed...I can sorta see his point.
    Oh, I see his point! Yeah, a really good way not to get killed in a shooting situation is to never engage a shooter. HOWEVER, his job was to protect those kiddos, and he did not do so. If you don't want to put yourself in the line of fire, work from home as a computer programmer, not as an LEO!!! I agree we all get old. I am aging by the day. I do not agree that we become worthless. That is weak thinking.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links