Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

This is a discussion on Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Everybody gets old and worthless. We all know that. I sorta think the old codger did what he was taught to do in that type ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

Everybody gets old and worthless. We all know that. I sorta think the old codger did what he was taught to do in that type of situation. Maybe he didnt get the word that sitting up a peremiter and calling the ninja turtles went out the window after Columbine. Under the cop version of active shooter training they told us dont go in with less that a three man team...but two would work in a pinch. lol. If one guy did not want to rush in a lone and get killed...I can sorta see his point.
    Slippy likes this.

Although his actions or inaction was contemptible, I don’t really see how they are illegal.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.

Bottom line: Do not count on others to do their part. We all learned this as kids when forced to do group projects. Proper training and equipment as well as a liability release legally is probably what a school security officer would require. Voluntary arming teachers with training for back up would help. Office personnel could be a scratch mobile reserve. But as Slippy pointed out, that many guns would make the left down right apoplectic.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Been preaching arm the teachers for a long time. The big middle school I worked at had about a hunderd teachers and staff. 20% at least had legal toting cards and would love to pack at school. Nobody needs a bunch of old fat cops sitting around in a school trying to hit on the purty young lady school teachers and such things.
    Denton, A Watchman, Slippy and 3 others like this.

Big park of the fault for the shooting is with the education /school system. They knew he was a problem and moved him on then high 5 each other when he was gone. But he came back. Now they have to lay blame some where. It will land every where except on the School system.
    misdirect, cover up offer other excuses....
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

At the big middle school where I was assigned some of the kids in spcial Ed needed to be in specialized hospitals reform school or mental facilities as opposed to going to public school..but the way the funding is structured once the school diistrict admits they dont have the ability to handle a kid..they have to pay for them to go to where they rellly need to go..so the special Ed class always had a few potential future mass murderers in it and everybody in school knew who they were. Always said a good background check for a CHL should require the applicannts six grade teachers to decide. lol.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 06-06-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent responses all!

Now another question;

If Peterson is found guilty and sentenced or even if he is not found guilty but everything he has earned is summarily taken from him, who will sign up to be a School Officer?
    Not many, who are actually a true fit for the job. The answer that is a fit is ugly, and a sign of the times we have allowed to overtake a sane existence. What is it you ask? ….. an armed and policed society.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

The Supreme court ruling was in a civil case, but I think after a long fight it would stand in this case also.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Isn't this the kid that had, like, 32 prior red flags prior to the shooting? (So much for red flag laws). Is Peterson a coward? Yep. Does he deserve jail? No, he is just a fall guy. He will live the rest of his life knowing what he did. His arrest is nothing more then cover for all the other people who failed miserably.

As long as we are throwing people in jail, why not start with all the people who saw the warning signs and still let this kid slide on down the line. His parents or the legal guardians who had a front row seat and saw all the signs, yet, they let him have a rifle and gave him the key to the gun safe. To my way of thinking, the guardians are most culpable, they knew the kids history and still gave him access to a firearm.

How about all the teachers and administrators who just bumped him down the line knowing he was trouble. The FBI who had his social media threats in hand and did nothing. The police departments poor training. If your going to arrest Peterson then there is a long line of people that should be in the same cell with him. You can start with the police chief and that kids guardians.

Where does it stop. Bottom line? It stops with the shooter. He made a conscious choice and he should be forced to pay the ultimate price for his choice. 15 minutes of fame over. No ceremony, bang, flop, next.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 06-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Some of you guys are brutal.
    Doesn't the BADDEST of the bad swat teams hunker down and wait for back up?
    Not defending the man, just stating, blame the GUY SHOOTING, for the shooting.
    Like Slippy said, If you wanna point fingers, every school official, teacher, and PARENT is guilty of sending their kids to a GUN FREE ZONE.
    We don't blame Ford for DWI or, Jack Daniels.
    We don't let the lefty slimes blame Ruger for the shooting, or Federal Ammo for the shooting.
    Its the shooter.
    You have a 9MM, you hear a AR-15 Going "rat a tat tat" are you gonna go running towards the unknown?
    I don't even know if he had a 9, and what the shooter had, but I think some emotions are taking over here.
    Is he a coward, yes, is he criminal "I don't think so".
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links