Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

This is a discussion on Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; He was fired, probably lost his pension. That’s tough. To have to taxpayers spend (what is it now) somewhere north of $40K/ year to have ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Parkland, FL School Officer Scot Peterson Arrested

He was fired, probably lost his pension. That’s tough. To have to taxpayers spend (what is it now) somewhere north of $40K/ year to have him stay at the grey-bar inn does no go. Just my 2¢
    RedLion and stevekozak like this.
    Imagine 2nd amendment scrutiny applied to any other amendment. For Example you can speak freely in Montana but not in Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rocky View Post
    He was fired, probably lost his pension. That’s tough. To have to taxpayers spend (what is it now) somewhere north of $40K/ year to have him stay at the grey-bar inn does no go. Just my 2¢
    Actually, Orocky, . . . he gets more than $8000 a month in retirement.

Here is the link: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...515-story.html

May God bless,
    Dwight
    RedLion and stevekozak like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I don't know how you can be fired if you have been retired for a year and collecting a pension?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I do not know this guy but.... his whole career and his value as a human being are now being viewed in light of the actions inactions that took place over the course of a very brief span of time
    RedLion likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I do not know this guy but.... his whole career and his value as a human being are now being viewed in light of the actions inactions that took place over the course of a very brief span of time
    Fair point.

He was supposed to provide security for the school. If he was issued or expected to carry a firearm to execute those duties then he failed miserably at his job. Clearly he was expected to do something other than watch the building from outside. Can you send a man to jail for being a wussy? No more so than the sheriffs department that did no better. Both should have consequences but government has absolved themselves and those they hire from such liability. I do not see legally having this man convicted in criminal court. Civil court maybe.
    Last edited by Camel923; 06-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Michael_Js, RedLion and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Pontious Pilate

Herod the Great

Lee Harvey Oswald

Jack Ruby

John Wilkes Booth

Billy the Kid

You want to give them a pass as well?

Actions have consequences.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Excellent responses all!

Now another question;

If Peterson is found guilty and sentenced or even if he is not found guilty but everything he has earned is summarily taken from him, who will sign up to be a School Officer?

Even if someone does sign on to do this job, they better ask for a helluva lot of money and equipment to do their job. I sure as hell do not want to go into a gun fight with a 9mm semi-auto pistol when the bad guy may have a 308 or 5.56 semi auto with multiple 20 and or 30 round mags and back up pistols, shotties or whatever. I'd make sure I had PLENTY of firepower myself. The problem be is that most school districts would never allow it.

Bottom line, this is FUBAR all around...

Yes -- he is a coward ! He could have saved lives had he not hid outside!
    He was the school officer!!
    The Sherrif should also be charged because, according to him, he provided training.
    Appearently that training was damn poor!!

More things to ponder;

Why stop with the officer? The School Principal and School Board Administrators were complicit in not keeping those kids safe from a murdering mentally ill person, they authorized the "No Firearm Safe Zone" correct? The school teachers who didn't rush the gunman, why not go after them?

Any adult students over 18 who didn't attempt to stop the shooter? Go after them too!

How about any passerby's? Or the parents who put their kids at risk in an obvious "Kill Zone"? Charge them for neglect and endangerment!

FUBAR I tell you , FUBAR....
    Prepared One and Deebo like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links