Trump Hits Mexico with 5% Tariff on All Goods - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trump Hits Mexico with 5% Tariff on All Goods

This is a discussion on Trump Hits Mexico with 5% Tariff on All Goods within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Raise the tariffs and stop all aid money south of the border. I just planted jalapeños so I am covered, screw em....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Trump Hits Mexico with 5% Tariff on All Goods

Raise the tariffs and stop all aid money south of the border. I just planted jalapeños so I am covered, screw em.
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

WTF only 5% a month?? Should start at 25% and go up 10% a month. Plus stop ALL trucking from crossing the border, now. For safety reasons.

It's a start though.
    dwight55, Slippy and Deebo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Now Trump needs to stick to his guns. No delaying the tariffs, no negotiating, no bullshit. Enough already. Slap on the tariffs , increase monthly, and squeeze the Mexican government until they scream. Also, put a 25% tax on all the $ the mexicans are sending south thru western union and such. The only tactic the Mexican president is going to understand is a kick in the nuts, and this certainly qualifies!
    I was thinking 50 percent but I whole heartedly agree. Use the Money for the wall and detention centers. Maybe Mexico will pay for the wall after all.
    Chiefster23 and dwight55 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Tariffs are a 'tricky' ploy. Meaning it is you and I who pay the increased prices so I don't see it as Mexico funding the wall. That aside I wouldn't mind if the gummamint made bonds (like treasury or savings bonds) available for purchase, the monies from the sales going strictly to fund the wall. Would be real nice if there was a tax incentive thrown in. Just my 2₵.
    Slippy likes this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The American people really haven't been asked/forced to sacrifice anything since WWII.

It's time to tighten the proverbial belt for the greater good.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Yes, . . . tariffs are tricky, . . . but they offer two advantages:

1: It makes the price of imported goods more expensive, and will always have an effect on how many are produced, . . . thus slowing down production in that country. This puts the squeeze on the overall productivity.

2: It makes "at home" production look more advantageous. Too many "American" companies have taken their production out of the country for cheaper goods, . . . and our consumers just followed along like little spoiled lap dogs . . . to the detriment of our US workers.

I don't think anyone ever tried to calculate the number of jobs that have gone overseas in the last 50 years. That number would be absolutely staggering.

BUT . . . I'm on board Mr. POTUS, . . . crank it to 100% and you won't hear a peep of discontent from me. Especially target China and Mexico.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    0rocky likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I’m sick and tired of people crying over the higher prices caused by tariffs. We are already paying a terrible price for this unchecked illegal immigration. Untold millions for border security but most of our border patrol isn’t actually guarding the border anymore. They are babysitting, playing driver, nursemaid, and otherwise tending the illegals. Consider the costs to house and feed these fence jumpers. Medical costs. Then after we pay a ton of $ to have their casework paperwork processed, we have to pay to deliver them somewhere into our interior. There we pay school systems to babysit their kids, increased medical costs because these people have no health insurance and freely use hospital emergency rooms. Once here, many suck off the social welfare systems reducing the available benefits to legal law abiding citizens. Then, assuming Julio shows up for his asylum hearing, we pay a judge and lawyer to hear his case. Once rejected, we have to pay his airfare home. And when Juan doesn’t actually leave, we gotta pay ICE to hunt his ass down and then forcibly deport him. So we are already paying millions (or billions) in costs to increase the available pool of liberal democratic voters. I would much rather pay a few bucks more to keep americans employed and screw the democratic party!

I spoke a guy the other day.. he said his brother in law worked as an aluminum .. they had been scrapping along.. now they have hired more people and even some getting over time

so just looking at this one industry

workers are making more
    more people are employed
    more people paying taxes
    company is paying more in taxes
    more people with more money to spend on consumer goods (made i USA)

yes americans are paying more for aluminum. We use it for back panels and other things... the average project that may have cost $5000 now costs $5200... when you are putting together a SCADA system for a Gas pad that costs Millions... a few hundreds dollars more is not noticed
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by 0rocky View Post
    Tariffs are a 'tricky' ploy. Meaning it is you and I who pay the increased prices so I don't see it as Mexico funding the wall. That aside I wouldn't mind if the gummamint made bonds (like treasury or savings bonds) available for purchase, the monies from the sales going strictly to fund the wall. Would be real nice if there was a tax incentive thrown in. Just my 2₵.
    I hear you 0rocky but I'm at the point in my life that I do not need to buy any phuchin thing from Mexico or China (I would like a Norinco SKS but I think my Father in Law has one so maybe there's hope! )

Anyhoo, if we make it hard and expensive for cheap crap to come into the US from shit-hole countries maybe, just maybe, we can get the US back to being the leader in manufacturing?!?!

However, there are those pesky regulations that we'll have to address...)
    Chiefster23 and 0rocky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Raise the tariffs and stop all aid money south of the border. I just planted jalapeños so I am covered, screw em.
    Damn straight my Texas brother!

PS...My Hapalenos are coming in nicely already! ...but the more important question is; How did you get the little squiggly line over the N in Jalapeno?
    Todays harvest..
    Trump Hits Mexico with 5% Tariff on All Goods-img_1421.jpg
    Last edited by Slippy; 05-31-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links