"Deep Fakes" Are Coming
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Deep Fakes" Are Coming

This is a discussion on "Deep Fakes" Are Coming within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have heard a bit about "deep fakes" from listening to Glen Beck the past couple of weeks. Essentially it is the ability of bad ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: "Deep Fakes" Are Coming

"Deep Fakes" Are Coming

I have heard a bit about "deep fakes" from listening to Glen Beck the past couple of weeks. Essentially it is the ability of bad actors to manufacture videos of anyone doing anything, that is unbelievably realistic. This will surely be used as a tool by globalists, lefties and other tyrants with the support of the lying media to destroy opposition. Think about how readily the media continues to push an obviously false narrative about the Covington boys and what they would do with unbelievable realistic videos of people saying and doing anything?
    How damaging will this be? I predict that the left plans to use it in 2020 to try to prevent Trump from being re-elected.
    Thoughts?

Recent events amply demonstrate that false claims–even preposterous ones–can be peddled with unprecedented success today thanks to a combination of social media ubiquity and virality, cognitive biases, filter bubbles, and group polarization. The resulting harms are significant for individuals, businesses, and democracy. Belated recognition of the problem has spurred a variety of efforts to address this most recent illustration of truth decay, and at first blush there seems to be reason for optimism. Alas, the problem may soon take a significant turn for the worse thanks to deep fakes.

Get used to hearing that phrase. It refers to digital manipulation of sound, images, or video to impersonate someone or make it appear that a person did something–and to do so in a manner that is increasingly realistic, to the point that the unaided observer cannot detect the fake. Think of it as a destructive variation of the Turing test: imitation designed to mislead and deceive rather than to emulate and iterate.
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/deep-fak...cy-and-privacy
    Last edited by RedLion; 01-31-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    bigwheel and AquaHull like this.

I noticed Adam Schiff warning about it on Twatter. He is obviously afraid of real video evidence and plans on saying the video or videos are “deep fakes”.

What if, we are watching a tv show in the evening and breaking news interrupts with an emergency message from the White House. There on the screen our President is issuing “vital” information about impending doom, or whatever else you can imagine. Only it’s not really him, it’s a “deep fake”.

How will we know what’s real and not real from this point forward?

These are freaky weird times we live in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    inceptor, Denton and RedLion like this.

That will be misused. Take it to the bank.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A victim of a deep fake is going to find it nearly impossible to contradict without a perfect alibi and I’m pretty sure that will be covered.

Listen to old Glenn most every morning myself. He does pretty good till he starts waxing emotional and starts blubbering. That drives me crazy.

Super Moderator

Ya wanna be scared? Go ahead and watch this video.

Denton, Prepared One and RedLion like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Yes this has been available technology (for those willing to pay the price) for several years. Now it is available for free. Of course it is going to be continued to be used in campaigns (on both sides of the aisle).

So how can you trust the images you see on your T.V. screen? In short. you cannot. That is why I have not paid for T.V for almost 30 years.

Maybe this means you cannot continue to sit on your ass and trust the propaganda that is pumped into you. Maybe spend some time doing research on your favorite candidates or just don't vote.
    Sasquatch, Slippy and RedLion like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Super Moderator

While I was in radio one of my jobs was Imaging/Production Director so I did a lot of editing of audio. I got so good that I could take various clips of you saying things and rearrange it to make you say just about anything.

This technology not only blows away what I could do, it also makes it easy to do it. Scary times for sure.
    Slippy, RedLion and A Watchman like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    While I was in radio one of my jobs was Imaging/Production Director so I did a lot of editing of audio. I got so good that I could take various clips of you saying things and rearrange it to make you say just about anything.

This technology not only blows away what I could do, it also makes it easy to do it. Scary times for sure.
    Figures …. I have long suspected you of being the most handsome, intelligent, strongest and most attractive mod here at PF.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-01-2019 at 05:37 PM.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Yeah, I don't see any potential for misuse here at all.
    RedLion and MisterMills357 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links