American Taliban being held accountable
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on American Taliban being held accountable within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; The County Clerk who refused to do her secular job based on her religion has been told she is personnally liable to pay the legal ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: American Taliban being held accountable

The County Clerk who refused to do her secular job based on her religion has been told she is personnally liable to pay the legal fees of the couple she refused to issue the secular marriage license to.

Great day in our countries history . Those that would deny other citizens their rights as a U.S. Citizen based on their own religion and not secular law should be held accountable.

You disagree stop and think about this : The County Clerk wears her hair long and uncovered- many religions in her county, the Menonites and Amish , believe a woman should have her hair covered in public. Should every woman in that county/ state have to cover their hair? Should the secular law require it? Of course not .

Yet the American Taliban thinks marriage should not be for all regardless of secular law. They want their law and only their law.

Live your religion and let others live theirs. You don't want to eat pork then don't eat pork. Want to eat fish on Fridays then eat fish on Fridays. Cover your head or not. Drive a car or a buggy . Drive only black vans and trucks - no cars. I do not care what practices you have just don't impose on others.

She could have let other employees process the license, found a different job other than havingthe job of issuing marraige licenses.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentuck...inkId=63051924
    Last edited by RJAMES; 01-31-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

perfectly fine for a person holding a public position - that's the job she CHOSE to hold ...

but it has absolutely noooooo freaking bearing on private individuals that run businesses and CHOOSE to run that biz anyway THEY see fit ....

IE >>>> cake decorators
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

@RJAMES Well, I'm 95% with you this time. Here's my point.

I do not know if the people seeking the license were new immigrants or full citizens. But the common denominator is that while we are a Republic, we still have guidelines and statutes. One of those concepts is "assimilation." I remember the cases of Indigenous Tribes asking for psychedelic mushrooms for their personal religious rites. Even I fell prey to this, my friends and I believe in the 2A, which mentions "arms," and we felt the 1958 switchblade law was unconstitutional. I carried, but let's face it, it was a violation.

So where is the line? Let's suppose the license department did not recognize my SDA inclusion of worship, despite being a Christian. I would have politely told the worker to please direct me to another office or employee and simply went there. Now we sue and harass when simpler (and more polite) avenues exist.

I'm more strident in this view for the murder of infants. For example, if a doctor or midwife was behind you with a scalpel, and I intervened with a handgun (whether I fired or not) I doubt I would be arrested, but the attacker would be. So what's the difference with a newborn being threatened with death with a butcher holding a scalpel and hiding behind New York law?

I think my attitude would be a smile, and the comment, "Please do something stupid." It depends on whose ox is being gored.

I'm reading more of your stuff, BTW.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 01-31-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Govt should have nothing to do with marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Govt should have nothing to do with marriage.
    There's a license for everything, and the idea is "revenue," not 'control.'

For example, I had to pay 37 dollars for my CCW permit, and yet the Constitution says, "Shall not be infringed."
    RedLion and StratMaster like this.

Super Moderator

I urge you to remember your own words. "Those that would deny other citizens their rights as a U.S. Citizen based on their own religion and not secular law should be held accountable." Climate change is a cult along with a lot of other Liberal ideologies. So go ahead and tell the folks at your church of Liberalism to stay the hell out of my life and keep their religion/cult to themselves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    tell the folks at your church of Liberalism to stay the hell out of my life
    One of the reasons I left Catholicism was not because of the priests, but the hierarchy. There was an area bishop (who recently died) that seemed to be as much of a hero as a villain, depending on your point of view. Living so close to Madison I'm surprised my house hasn't been doxed.

But I return to my point. Fighting a law you do not like should not take place in the street, at the shoulder of a road fighting a ticket, or in a protest march that causes arrests and a stampede. It belongs in court.

And BTW, Sasquatch, even if I disagreed with you, the purpose of forum is to discuss various views of a topic--but I would never challenge your beliefs, only debate.

The op got it wrong. It’s the liberal left that demands conformity. They will harm you socially, financially, morally and/or physically to enforce their will. The American left are Nazi’s at best, communists at worst. First of all they are Godless. At least the Taliban has a religious component even if it is misguided.
    inceptor, Denton, bigwheel and 1 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    The op got it wrong. It’s the liberal left that demands conformity.
    Even that's a dangerous indictment. If all libtards hold the same beliefs, and some of them are abortionists, then if you blow up a Planned Parenthood or the DNC headquarters it doesn't matter.

Look at the nutballs, on both sides. If they'll harass a Catholic boy with a MAGA hat, imagine what a religious fanatic will do over infanticide.

The good news is that Virginia did it the right way. A similar third-term abortion act was brought up for passage. The GOP voted it down. We're a nation of laws, but libtards like O'Scario Cortex scare me not for the things they might do, but what their "fifth column" will do.

Marriage is not a right. If it was, you could sue any who refused your proposition.
    No violation of rights occurred.
    Ignorant people will believe anything.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links