Illegal Immigrants may be on way out - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Illegal Immigrants may be on way out

This is a discussion on Illegal Immigrants may be on way out within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Traxxas Can you give a link or an example? Everything I have found regarding your claim shows it was immigrants that were ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Illegal Immigrants may be on way out

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    Can you give a link or an example?

Everything I have found regarding your claim shows it was immigrants that were once legally here and have a legal challenge. I have found nothing in regards to EWI being stopped from removal proceedings from deportation or those that have asked for asylum from being removed if they fail to receive it. Those with Orders of Removal against them have the ability to prove they can legally remain.

https://www.floridatoday.com/pages/i...ion-explainer/
    Man starting reading the news. Federal and local judges lets many of them go everyday. Was not long agao a judge help one escapeout the back of the court to get away fro waiting ICE.
    Old but just a small sample

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/i...-of-sex-crimes

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...tainer-request

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/st...or/2364736002/
    Denton and ekim like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Man starting reading the news. Federal and local judges lets many of them go everyday. Was not long agao a judge help one escapeout the back of the court to get away fro waiting ICE.
    Old but just a small sample

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/i...-of-sex-crimes

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...tainer-request

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/st...or/2364736002/
    Your first link was ICE releasing on Obamas orders.

Your second link was released due to "the jail did not cooperate with an active detainer request from ICE."

Your third link refers to a detainer not being honored due to State Law SB54 (Stupid California Governor), "ICE agents issued an immigration hold against Garcia on Friday, following his arrest. The hold was not honored, however, and Garcia was released later that day, unbeknownst to ICE. "

None of which have anything to do with what you originally claimed, "It will take 1 federal judge to say no and that will stop it. Appeal will fail and Supreme court will punt." or "Both federal and local judges everyday fore the release or stop the arrest of undocumented visitors." ICE can go and arrest illegals with a Federal Warrant any place within the US.

As to your links, those jails that released without honoring the holds by ICE should either have their chiefs replaced or their city/county officials replaced and the policies changed.

Now, there are 2 cases that i know of where a Judge helped an illegal escape ICE.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-ju...-investigation
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ping-immigrant
    Last edited by Traxxas; 01-20-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    But it does not have to raise prices. But when you say it will raise prices that just tells them that it's OK to do so. IMO that is just price gouging!
    Or it's just economics. When the cost of labor goes up, prices follow. It's why the minimum wage is a fallacy and why nobody can ever truly earn a "living wage" flipping burgers.

To compete in any market that is heavily saturated with competitors, you have to offer the lowest price you can. Any hit to your cost of production will necessitate an increase in price just to stay in the game. Otherwise, you lose everything, the market loses a competitor, supply goes down while demand stays the same, and prices rise anyways.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Or it's just economics. When the cost of labor goes up, prices follow. It's why the minimum wage is a fallacy and why nobody can ever truly earn a "living wage" flipping burgers.

To compete in any market that is heavily saturated with competitors, you have to offer the lowest price you can. Any hit to your cost of production will necessitate an increase in price just to stay in the game. Otherwise, you lose everything, the market loses a competitor, supply goes down while demand stays the same, and prices rise anyways.
    You are assuming the labor costs WILL go up. If the labor cost gets high enough the owner will either go out of business or automate with better equipement or sub contract to a lower price outlet. Many companies are going to machines to replace human workers all the time and it's not always because of the labor costs. The mom and pop businesses are a dying breed and big companies can no longer rely on human workers to do many of the jobs like they could before. Many of the younger generation now won't even apply nor could they even do some of the jobs people once did.
    Traxxas likes this.

Operation Wetback!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post

So, what your saying is my dream job of making 250K being in Charge of French Fries at McDonald's is probably a nonstarter?
    soyer38301, Kauboy and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Not sure if Trump is suggesting anything other than increased ICE activity really and am not sure how a judge stops that?
    I don't honestly know. One thing that I do know is that Federal guidelines "Trump" state and municipal guidelines. The ICE agents should have simply walked into "sanctuaries" and arrested the entire bunch they found.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Anyone else besides me refuse to use the terms "illegal immigrants" or "Undocumented immigrants?" Both as BS manufactured terms. Either a "legal" immigrant or an illegal alien.

Illegal immigrants refers to those that entered legally and overstayed their visa while illegal alien refers to an EWI, both are illegally here, both are recognized terms as used by the government and the courts. "Undocumented" is definitely a made up BS term.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    You are assuming the labor costs WILL go up. If the labor cost gets high enough the owner will either go out of business or automate with better equipement or sub contract to a lower price outlet. Many companies are going to machines to replace human workers all the time and it's not always because of the labor costs. The mom and pop businesses are a dying breed and big companies can no longer rely on human workers to do many of the jobs like they could before. Many of the younger generation now won't even apply nor could they even do some of the jobs people once did.
    If labor cost was sub-minimum wage (which we know it is), and you must start using legal workers, you will be forced to pay minimum wage. Labor cost *will* go up.
    You think automation doesn't cost anything? That equipment *IS* labor cost.
    You can't sub-contract for lower than minimum wage.
    You are making big assumptions that don't play out in the real world. Cost of production will assuredly go up when wages are raised by law. Prices will follow.

The market has a way of deciding the right price. Just because *you* think something is too expensive doesn't mean it is, or that there is gouging.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links