Is it still "worth" it? - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is it still "worth" it?

This is a discussion on Is it still "worth" it? within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by RedLion Trump would be an idiot to agree to support gun control for wall funding when he is winning the shut down ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Is it still "worth" it?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Trump would be an idiot to agree to support gun control for wall funding when he is winning the shut down war and will only get stronger as it goes longer. I get that you hate Trump, but you certainly do not understand him.
    I would like to see you list of GOP senators that are going to jump in with the commies to pass gun control though, so provide it bitte.
    Let me jump in, please.

Trump is really new to the whole Constitution thing. We all know he has some great ideas, but those ideas don't involve protecting our rights or the constitution. Great ideas, nevertheless.
    Still, his weak suit is the constitution to include the Bill of Rights.

You want a list of Republicans in Congress who would sell us out? How many times have they already sold us out? For decades, they have been selling us out. They'll sell us out again. They don't serve us. They have another master.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    Comment of the day! Thank You and well stated.
    I'm finding it really interesting that you showed back up just as @The Resister was out of the dog house and started posting, again.

Want another comment of the day? Here's one: "Try Denton; he loves it. You could say it is his hobby. You'd be better off playing the stalker game on another forum." How's that for a quote?
    ekim and stevekozak like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    Let us review:

"I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.” Donald Trump in his book The America We Deserve (2000)

"Since the Parkland shooting, Trump has said he wants to strengthen background checks, at times appearing to support universal checks that would apply to private sales and gun show sales."

Donald Trump Shifts Stances on Five Gun Control Ideas | Time

I've beaten the issue of the unconstitutional bump stock ban to death. Rest assured that Trump, like all his Republican presidential predecessors in my life time WILL sign Pelosi's bill into law.

Now, this one is an easy sell. The right are the real progressives on the Fourth Amendment, so Pelosi is wanting a ban on "assault weapons" (sic), large capacity magazines, etc. She wants expanded background checks and laws so extreme that you can't even loan your weapon to a friend or relative. The NRA sell outs and Trump are going to tell you what a Hell of a good deal you're getting:

If you have a weapon, you can keep it and Pelosi's bill will contain a clause prohibiting a national registry. Stupid people will buy into it. Trump CAN sell it. The FACT is you cannot enforce expanded background checks without a national registry. That's plain common sense. So, once Pelosi's bill is passed, the LEOs will wail and complain about compliance. How can you keep up with 400 million firearms without a registry?

I look at what Trump has said in the past and then what he says now, BEFORE the NRA reigns him in. Trump is for denying firearms to people with mental problems. WTH? You mean no Due Process??? So, if someone goes to a psychologist for sexual addiction, erectile dysfunction, or marital problems, they automatically lose their Right to keep and bear Arms??? Yep, Trump liked that idea until the NRA talked to him.

THIS is the man you trust?

BTW, there IS a way to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally unbalanced WITHOUT gun control - it's simple, easy, and cheap.

I trust no politican. Eternal vigilance is always necessary especially when Congress is in session. You are making some assumptions. This guy has said a lot of different things on different subjects in the past. My point is regaurdless of what you think he may or may not do, what was the sure way to avoid what you are stating. Hillary? Kasich? Bush? Rubio? I do not think so. Maybe Cruz or Santorum or a couple of Republicans but none of them got a whiff of the nomination. And would they have beaten hildabeast?

What you laid out is one possibility, not a certainty. The best defense is a good offense. Be proactive on the subject with your Representatives. Notify them daily on your positions. If it’s such a done deal, why was it done with Obama? This would have been easy to create a registery 2008-10. I have a hard time seeing the NRA going along with this even with some of the stupid things it has done over the years.

Trump is not the only politician to say one thing years ago and take a different position later. Many Democrats did it with the wall for political expediency. Same with gun control and abortion for others. I never said what your saying iis impossible but I do not see it as a factual, take it to the bank fact. It would be a big shift against his base regaurdless of a campaign promise. Trump is no fool. I just think your wrong.
    Last edited by Camel923; 01-17-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    Denton and ekim like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    I trust no politican. Eternal vigilance is always necessary especially when Congress is in session. You are making some assumptions. This guy has said a lot of different things on different subjects in the past. My point is regaurdless of what you think he may or may not do, what was the sure way to avoid what you are stating. Hillary? Kasich? Bush? Rubio? I do not think so. Maybe Cruz or Santorum or a couple of Republicans but none of them got a whiff of the nomination. And would they have beaten hildabeast?

What you laid out is one possibility, not a certainty. The best defense is a good offense. Be proactive on the subject with your Representatives. Notify them daily on your positions. If it’s such a done deal, why was it done with Obama? This would have been easy to create a registery 2008-10. I have a hard time seeing the NRA going along with this even with some of the stupid things it has done over the years.

Trump is not the only politician to say one thing years ago and take a different position later. Many Democrats did it with the wall for political expediency. Same with gun control and abortion for others. I never said what your saying iis impossible but I do not see it as a factual, take it to the bank fact. It would be a big shift against his base regaurdless of a campaign promise. I just think your wrong.
    There are times when we can pressure the politicians but you know they will do what they can to further the agenda. They also know that most people don't pay attention to who votes for what, and they know their BS political ads sway people. People always want other people's politicians gone while they will ultimately support their own.

What happens when a true constitutionalist has a chance of winning a seat? All you have to do is remember what they did to Roy Moore.
    Camel923 and ekim like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Let us review:

[I look at what Trump has said in the past and then what he says now, BEFORE the NRA reigns him in. Trump is for denying firearms to people with mental problems. WTH? You mean no Due Process??? So, if someone goes to a psychologist for sexual addiction, erectile dysfunction, or marital problems, they automatically lose their Right to keep and bear Arms??? Yep, Trump liked that idea until the NRA talked to him.

There goes that pesky NRA and it's loud voice being influential again.
    StratMaster and The Tourist like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I'm a radio listener, not a TV watcher. Having said that, I wish the talk shows would find a new dead horse to beat. I'm a Trump supporter, but Rush Limbaugh is getting to be "all Trump, all the time."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I'm a radio listener, not a TV watcher. Having said that, I wish the talk shows would find a new dead horse to beat. I'm a Trump supporter, but Rush Limbaugh is getting to be "all Trump, all the time."
    What is it that you would like him to talk about?

My feelings for Trump have no bearing on political strategies. Trump has already made the deal. You may never read about it and, for the third time, it will not be an across the board deal. Trump used to be involved in World Wrestling Entertainment. He knows how to work the crowd and make you believe almost anything - then come out of nowhere with yet another surprise.

I totally disagree with your assessment. A GoFundMe account was set up to get the American people to come up with the 5.1 Billion Dollars. They ultimately failed and the promoters had to return the $20 million dollars they raised. It was an epic fail. For years I've argued with people about the alleged costs of undocumented foreigners to the hospitals - not counting the alleged time spent on them, etc. (I knew they were paying all along.) Anyway, I looked it up and found out how much physicians make per year on average and then the total number of physicians in the U.S. They have a net income of $189 BILLION DOLLARS per year, and the GoFundMe account only raked in 20 million. I'm not counting the EMTs, nurses, and paraprofessionals in that field.

It's like I keep saying, undocumented foreigners, by and large pay their bills. If not, those affected would have donated something to that build the wall effort. And the cheerleaders??? How much do you think Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Weiner - Savage, Mark Stein, etc. donated? I'm embarrassed for them. Actions speak louder than words. That don't mean Trump won't get his wall - it's just that America doesn't really support the idea. The longer it goes on, the less popular it will be.
    Lol you do live in your own world. The longer the shut down goes, the better for Trump.
    stevekozak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Let me jump in, please.

Trump is really new to the whole Constitution thing. We all know he has some great ideas, but those ideas don't involve protecting our rights or the constitution. Great ideas, nevertheless.
    Still, his weak suit is the constitution to include the Bill of Rights.

You want a list of Republicans in Congress who would sell us out? How many times have they already sold us out? For decades, they have been selling us out. They'll sell us out again. They don't serve us. They have another master.
    I know that there are GOP senators that have and will sell out. I was wanting Resister to supply a list of who he though these folks were.
    Denton likes this.

#2 to Pelosi, Hoyer has already back tracked including saying that wall are not immoral and do work. All of the GOP still staying strong behind Trump including McConnell just denying a 3rd lefty bill to re-open the govt. It is getting to the point that it is only Pelosi, Schumer and the media that are holding things up. Dem freshman Reps in Trump favored areas have been getting a lot of calls from unhappy constituents. Many of these freshman were elected on the promise to work with Trump including security. The tide is in Trumps favor no doubt.
    stevekozak likes this.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links