Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

This is a discussion on Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect? within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Coastie dad Notice how everyone seems to be of the notion " if this, then that" when making a decision? Without all ...

Poll: Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Notice how everyone seems to be of the notion " if this, then that" when making a decision?

Without all the facts it's kind of difficult to render a sound judgement. Emotions tend to cloud our judgement.

Reckon this is how the media works their magic?
    Remember, this is what brought me into the discussion. If this, then that. If the negligence resulted in the child being harmed, then we enforce the child negligence law. If nothing happened, no charges are filed.

What else do you need to know? What do you think the media left out, or what do you think was inflated? What do you think might be the mitigating circumstances that are omitted? The woman put the toddler to bed and then went to a friend's house. What piece of information do you think is missing?

Three reasons for the criminal justice system, as taught to me while pursuing a criminal justice degree:
    1) Retribution for harming another or society.
    2) "Rehabilitation." That is to say, alter negative behavior.
    3) Deter others from doing the same.

I can see at least two reasons to charge her. If found guilty, the judge will determine the best way to deter the woman from doing this again.
    MisterMills357 and Smitty901 like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

This is a Bullshit Question Poll! (i.e. the Marisa Tomei character in My Cousin Vinnie )

The 1 and Only Correct Answer is that a New Department within the Federal Government needs to be created. Yes, old Slippy is usually in favor of smaller government and eliminating Departments but stick with me knuckleheads...

The new Department will be called The Federal Department of Sterilization of Idiots and should be headed by yours truly.

Prior to any child becoming of breeding age, the child's vital information that has been stored since birth will be presented to Slippy, after a brief yet thorough investigation, Slippy will then make a determination that said child be Sterilized so that forementioned child is never able to procreate.

In 20-45 years most of this once great republic's problems will be solved.

You're Welcome!

Slippy!
    Denton and MisterMills357 like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    This is a Bullshit Question Poll! (i.e. the Marisa Tomei character in My Cousin Vinnie )

The 1 and Only Correct Answer is that a New Department within the Federal Government needs to be created. Yes, old Slippy is usually in favor of smaller government and eliminating Departments but stick with me knuckleheads...

The new Department will be called The Federal Department of Sterilization of Idiots and should be headed by yours truly.

Prior to any child becoming of breeding age, the child's vital information that has been stored since birth will be presented to Slippy, after a brief yet thorough investigation, Slippy will then make a determination that said child be Sterilized so that forementioned child is never able to procreate.

You're Welcome!

Slippy!
    Dr. Karl Brandt; is that you?
    Slippy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Dr. Karl Brandt; is that you?
    Think about it, I'll be in charge of granting licenses to have children! VOILA!

You need a license to Fish, Hunt, Trap, Carry a Pistol, Get Married, Drive a Vehicle, Open a Business, Fly on a Commercial Plane, Build a House (Permit), etc etc.

Why not give out licenses to have children? And the new rule will be if you do not qualify for a license to breed, you get your pee pee whacked or your tubes tied!

Within 45 years we will no longer have a Welfare Problem, An Overpopulated Prison Problem, Black Out of Wedlock Births will plummet, Crime will drop, the list goes on and on.

I see no downside to this at all.
    6811 and Prepared One like this.

Super Moderator

I have a good friend who was one of these kids. We'll call her Lucy. Lucy's father worked nights and her mother was having an affair. Mom would go out at night after putting the kids to bed. Lucy said she'd get up and search the house top to bottom looking for her. She said her 2 year old sister was found out on the street a couple of times. Lucy disowned her mom, whom she now calls the witch. Lucy calls her step mom her mother.

My point in telling this is that there was no loved lost between Lucy and the witch. Lucy would've been emotionally better and physically safer if someone had intervened and pressed charges.

BTW, there's a happy ending, because today Lucy is one of the most awesome moms I know!
    Denton and MisterMills357 like this.

Just trying to motivate healthy conversation, @Denton . So far, a pretty open discussion. Like I said, I already have my opinion, just trying to stimulate.
    MisterMills357 and Denton like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

You're Welcome!

Slippy!
    I love that movie, and that is a classic scene from it. Yer Welcome Right Back!
    Slippy likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Just trying to motivate healthy conversation, @Denton . So far, a pretty open discussion. Like I said, I already have my opinion, just trying to stimulate.
    Aren't I doing my part?
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Of course!
    Denton likes this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Who leaves their child alone like that? She should have had the friend come to her house!
    jimb1972, 6811 and MisterMills357 like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links