Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

This is a discussion on Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect? within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I just said he was stopping my free speech. He is because I said so. All the requirements necessary. Now be nice or I'll leave ...

Poll: Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Should This Woman Be Charged With Child Neglect?

I just said he was stopping my free speech. He is because I said so. All the requirements necessary. Now be nice or I'll leave and go find another forum where I am loved and respected.
    Denton and MisterMills357 like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

She is 33 years old! The queen of stupid for leaving a 3 year old alone. At 33 I don' know that I couldn't be convinced this wasn't the first indecent and I am willing to bet there is a history of some sort. She was stupid and lucky, the kid was just lucky. I would say she needs to be charged and she better hire a good lawyer.
    Annie, Denton, 6811 and 1 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Now, I'm going to be serious for a minute. I reckon the most of you know my background well enough.
    What happens when this woman is charged? What is the sequence of events? What happens to the child? Is this a first time incident, or a repeat?
    How much power do we give the government?
    Prepared One, ekim, Slippy and 2 others like this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Now, I'm going to be serious for a minute. I reckon the most of you know my background well enough.
    What happens when this woman is charged? What is the sequence of events? What happens to the child? Is this a first time incident, or a repeat?
    How much power do we give the government?
    I would like to know what the background is as well. Do we destroy this woman with a jail sentence and put this kid into the system doomed to fail? Is this a one off incident on her part that justifies leniency and maybe some form of oversight? I think unlikely at her age. At 33, on it's face, it would suggest she has not gotten smarter with age.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I agree for the most part but with the caveat that we are seeing women waiting longer to bear children. This also may mean that they have had just that many more years to be irresponsible and have never learned to be mature enough to take care of a child.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If it were just the child getting out I would say no, I have an escape artist myself. Leaving home with a child in bed alone is why I think charges are appropriate.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    If it were just the child getting out I would say no, I have an escape artist myself. Leaving home with a child in bed alone is why I think charges are appropriate.
    I do understand about little escape artists. That's a whole different (and scary) sort of a thing. But I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that little girl was out in the streets looking for her stupid arse mama.

One of the questions I have bouncing around in my pointed head is still at what point do we allow the government more and more control over our lives, at what point have we ceased to be a community of taking responsibility to do what's right, as opposed to allowing the government to create and enforce more laws so that we don't have to deal with other individuals?
    Why can't I, as a neighbor, do those things Denton says I can't? Why can't I correct a mother's grievous error without fear of legal reprisal?
    If a child were to wander into the street because her mother was busy doing laundry for the elderly lady across the hall, should i allow the child to wander until the police arrived, then expounded on the inadequacy of the mother in hopes she be criminally charged and the child placed in protective custody of the state, then whisked away to a stranger's house for an indeterminate time? How will that effect said child? Or do we not care that we are advocating for the same nanny state we rail against?
    MisterMills357 and inceptor like this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Where’s the father?
    Slippy and MisterMills357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    One of the questions I have bouncing around in my pointed head is still at what point do we allow the government more and more control over our lives, at what point have we ceased to be a community of taking responsibility to do what's right, as opposed to allowing the government to create and enforce more laws so that we don't have to deal with other individuals?
    Why can't I, as a neighbor, do those things Denton says I can't? Why can't I correct a mother's grievous error without fear of legal reprisal?
    If a child were to wander into the street because her mother was busy doing laundry for the elderly lady across the hall, should i allow the child to wander until the police arrived, then expounded on the inadequacy of the mother in hopes she be criminally charged and the child placed in protective custody of the state, then whisked away to a stranger's house for an indeterminate time? How will that effect said child? Or do we not care that we are advocating for the same nanny state we rail against?
    There is a difference in Government and Police. Government are your legislatures, judges, and leaders you elect, while the police are hired to police the city, and ensure laws are obeyed for the good of the community.

Now that may or may not have changed over the years based on where you live, but it is the intent. This keeps folks like Denton from having to go engage this lady and apply his own brand of punishment. Should she be charged, yes. She was negligent in her care of the child? Yes! You don't leave a 3 year old at home alone.

Now all of your responses regarding not charging her are based on one of two concerns. 1) It may be her first offense, the child wasn't harmed, etc. The second is that the Government would not raise her kid any better.

This is prejudging an outcome before an event. Either way I think it important to understand why the lady did what she did and to show her it is not acceptable. This is best done by charging her. A first offense should and could be met with leniency, but that is for the judge and Jury to decide.

Laws not enforced or enforced by exceptions are not deterrents. I don't think the woman should lose her child, but she should be on record for having done this once and been punished, so that if it happens again it can be met with harsher punitive action.

Think about it...Its like not giving someone a DUI just because they did have an accident. Would you support that?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links