Solar storm coming 9/10-9/11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Solar storm coming 9/10-9/11 within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; From AP: News from The Associated Press They aren't sure yet when it might hit, so they don't know which hemisphere will get it, but ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Kauboy
  • 1 Post By paraquack
  • 2 Post By Chipper
  • 3 Post By PaulS

Thread: Solar storm coming 9/10-9/11

From AP: News from The Associated Press

They aren't sure yet when it might hit, so they don't know which hemisphere will get it, but they say it's quite a bad one.
    "The flare is considered extreme on forecasters' scale, but just barely."

Hoping it passes without event.
    Maine-Marine, BagLady and Renec like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Well its about to snow here so maybe we will get a pass
    Im memory of my brother and fellow Marine, Semper Fidelis. Rest well my friend

Horrible timing with it being 9/11 and all. Stupid sun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks I'll be sure to keep my umbrella up.

It would be good to have a measure of how our systems stand. Maybe it will be similar to Y2K. That bit of alarmism caused the DOT COM crash. Unfortunately my opinion is the right solar storm could do some real damage.

Good point. Maybe it is a good think if there is some type of minor hiccup somewhere on the grid. Hopefully doesn't screw people over too long but if a populated area got hit it would be a much needed wake up call. For some reason my government tends to react in stand of prevent. Maybe that is just human nature. Maybe my government is completely stupid.

To bad it won't interrupt Obumer's speech (LIES)tonight at 9:00 ET
    Kauboy likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Partial story from spaceweather.com They track solar flares etc, interesting website, IMO. Suppose to hit the 12th??

EARTH-DIRECTED X-FLARE AND CME: Sunspot AR2158 erupted on Sept. 10th at 17:46 UT, producing an X1.6-class solar flare. A flash of ultraviolet radiation from the explosion ionized the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere, disturbing HF radio communications for more than an hour. More importantly, the explosion hurled a CME directly toward Earth. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory photographed the expanding cloud
    BagLady and Kauboy like this.

NOAA believes a CME is associated with the flare and that means that in the next two days - three at the most - there could be severe interactions with the electrical grids of the northern or southern hemisphere depending on the polarity of the CME. I will be checking the site and will discponnect my home from the grid if it is as big as they think for the time of contact. At least it is not considered as a large threat atr this time.

Around September 29th NOAA is going to launch a dedicated website for solar weather. That will make it easier to track and be prepared for catastrophic solar events.

pheniox17, BagLady and Kauboy like this.

I appreciate the extra digging guys! The AP site left much to be desired, but it was just a blurb I spotted on Drudge. Figured others with better resources could confirm and inform, and I'm pleased to see I was right. Let's keep an eye on this, just in case.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    NOAA believes a CME is associated with the flare and that means that in the next two days - three at the most - there could be severe interactions with the electrical grids of the northern or southern hemisphere depending on the polarity of the CME. I will be checking the site and will discponnect my home from the grid if it is as big as they think for the time of contact. At least it is not considered as a large threat atr this time.

Around September 29th NOAA is going to launch a dedicated website for solar weather. That will make it easier to track and be prepared for catastrophic solar events.
    If that is 2 or 3 days then that is not the reason (I guess) for the rumors about planned power outages around the country tomorrow. I do not know, just what I saw and I thought maybe because of sun power effect or such? Just went to atm and cleaned out anyway in case we're a place.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lbkkJjaQaGo

Strange: 9/11 Planned Outages and Emergency Drills Nationwide? Conspiracy? Coincidence? | Prophecy

But - do sun knower people think we should put our phone in a box in a can Sat/Sun? That big of a cme?

Sponsored Links