Take the guns first, then due process after, says Trump - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Take the guns first, then due process after, says Trump

This is a discussion on Take the guns first, then due process after, says Trump within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I think he just spitballing. Throwing ideas out. I'm not defending him outright. If he does truly try something like this I'll be the first ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Take the guns first, then due process after, says Trump

Super Moderator

I think he just spitballing. Throwing ideas out. I'm not defending him outright. If he does truly try something like this I'll be the first to say I was wrong.

But let's say, for argument's sake, some new law is enacted that does exactly what was said. Do any of you think a lawsuit won't be instant and won because of the 5th and 14th?
    rice paddy daddy and 0rocky like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Allowing the police to take guns based on unverified assumptions can result in all kinds of absurd issues. A close friend of mine had the police show up because a drunken shunned girl friend called 911 and said he scared her. In the process of taking his guns, the police discovered that he didn’t have a lock on one of his handguns. He was charged and convicted of a firearms violation, his guns went to a dealer and were sold (a few family heirloom pieces), he lost his CCW rights and is now denied the right to purchase any firearm or ammunition for the rest of his life. Nothing happened to the girl friend for making an unsubstantiated accusation. The police knew the domestic violence call was highly questionable and made no charge, but once they entered his house on her say-so he was exposed to whatever level of scrutiny the law decided to apply.
    Slippy and 0rocky like this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by 1895gunner View Post
    Did you vote for him?
    Of course.
    If Ms. Pantsuit had gotten elected the future of the country would be altered forever simply by her stacking the Supreme Court.
    Guns, free speech, search and seizure, and more would be gone.

I am a one issue voter - the Second Amendment.

Who really thinks that Congress will pass anything other than token gun control bills? Remember what happened to the Dems that voted for Clinton's Weapons Ban in 1994? The Dems haven't forgotten.
    Of course, the 2018 mid-terms may change things.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 02-28-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I think he just spitballing. Throwing ideas out. I'm not defending him outright. If he does truly try something like this I'll be the first to say I was wrong.

But let's say, for argument's sake, some new law is enacted that does exactly what was said. Do any of you think a lawsuit won't be instant and won because of the 5th and 14th?
    I'd be surprised if no one in the room today brought up the constitutional violation of his suggestion. You'd think someone there would have brought it up.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I really think he is spitballing things out, and for some reason, I am guessing we are not hearing the whole session.
    But, God forbid he thinks this is the right course of action...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I'd be surprised if no one in the room today brought up the constitutional violation of his suggestion. You'd think someone there would have brought it up.
    Most likely one of those things were any of Trump's staff didn't want to make him look bad and Democrats don't care if he looks bad.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Well the prick was a life long liberal till he decided to run as a Republican for POTUS. I'm not surprised in the least.
    1895gunner and Inor like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    I really think he is spitballing things out, and for some reason, I am guessing we are not hearing the whole session.
    But, God forbid he thinks this is the right course of action...
    If you want to see these kinds of things without them being spliced and edited by Fake News, C-span is your friend.
    www.c-span.org
    At this moment the full video is in the upper right corner. As more events take place, it will move down the page, but it will always be there. Maybe on page three by next week.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Well the prick
    Yeah...boy I sure wish Jeb or Hillary would have won....
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Various reporters marveled how he seemed open to virtually everything Democrats proposed at the meeting, up to and including a new assault-weapons ban. Dianne Feinstein’s reaction to that was captured for posterity, which I’ll leave you with below in lieu of an exit question since it seemed to capture the mood this afternoon perfectly. Now we wait to see if this summit was like the immigration summit a few months ago, where Trump bloviated about his willingness to sign anything Congress passes and then quickly reoriented towards a robust border-hawk position once he got behind closed doors again and Stephen Miller and John Kelly set him straight. My guess is that he simply can’t resist the lure of his can-do strongman image, even when that completely undercuts his own base’s ideological position. The public is screaming at him to Do Something! on guns so he’s going to do everything he can to show them he’s on the case, whatever that means for due process or the right to bear arms. He has no principles, only “strength” and authority. So he’s doing what he thinks a strong authoritarian would do in this situation.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...her-right-not/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links