Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Georgia prepper with pets

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Moonshinedave 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I am so very glad to have found this forum.

As far as an introduction, I am a prepper from a long line of preppers :) My mother was a prepper when I was a kid in the 70's (I thought everyone had a secret tiny little mountain cabin and a pantry stocked with food- lol) My grandmother was in Danmark during WWII and that turned her into a prepper. I am most certainly genetically predisposed to be a prepper :D

My husband and I are currently working to increase our preparedness and slowly but surely things are getting crossed off the list. We do not have kids of the 2-legged variety, but we do have 2 large dogs, 2 cats and a pet snake. We are not only prepping for ourselves, but for our pets as well. So far, the snake has proven to be the hardest to prep for!

Thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting many like minded people on this board!

#5 ·
Welcome from the NE Fl/SE Ga area.

#6 ·
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! Does anyone know of any reptile-specific prepping ideas? My ball python needs to stay warm and I have constructed an insulated box for him to use with either hot packs or hot water in a jar. Feeding him once the freezer goes, however, is an issue. The only options I see are either breeding my own feeders and euthanizing them humanely or catching wild mice. My fear is that the wild mice may be diseased. Plus, living in a dark box all day would be bad for him….any other preppers have pet reptiles? I scoured the internet and it seems I am the only prepper with a snake- lol.

#12 ·
Very interesting background. I'm curious...did your grandmother have any stories of what foods were most highly sought after in her day to day life during wartime? I have read that bananas were extremely rare in Europe at the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.