Hello from Toronto, Canada
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from Toronto, Canada

This is a discussion on Hello from Toronto, Canada within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; I browsed the forums before posting, I see there are a few other Canadians here I'm married to a man who thinks preparing for anything ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hello from Toronto, Canada

TG

Cool Hello from Toronto, Canada

I browsed the forums before posting, I see there are a few other Canadians here

I'm married to a man who thinks preparing for anything (except financially) is a silly idea but he is very happy to miraculously find emergency supplies and extra water/food in the house during a prolonged ice storm or any other blackouts
    I'm Eastern European, we were born preppers, it's deeply ingrained in my culture because our governments historically starved out whole populations, every family I know back home has secret food/water/medicine/supplies stores and great survival skills.
    We have two kids, ages 6 & 9, I teach them everything I know, they have been cooking for themselves and us for a couple of years now.
    Without my husband's help, I managed to store 3 months+ worth of food, water, first aid, batteries..etc but I'm looking to learn as much as I can from this forum, will ask a lot of questions and hopefully contribute any way I can.

I'm very interested in topics like teaching children to be self-sufficient, family safety, vegetarian preserving & cooking using my wood fireplace..etc
    Last edited by TG; 07-28-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Bad English grammar

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    I can understand being prepared as part of your culture. Although I have always lived here and never had to worry about our government, I was raised by parents who came from small town America and survived the Great Depression and then World War II.
    Being prepared is part of my culture too.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Welcome from Florida.
    I can understand being prepared as part of your culture. Although I have always lived here and never had to worry about our government, I was raised by parents who came from small town America and survived the Great Depression and then World War II.
    Being prepared is part of my culture too.
    Thank you for the welcome, this makes a lot of sense.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I think the word "Prepper" is a major hang up for a lot of people, makes them think of some crazy people like seen on tv. Whenever someone has a wife, husband, or any other partner who shies away from prepping, then I think the word itself should be avoided around them. Might sound silly, but I honestly believe that is the hangup with a lot of people.
    Not a thing wrong with having some extra, food, water, supplies around just in case of bad weather or something else, just don't be one of those crazy preppers like seen on television (know what I mean?).
    I came from both parents who lived through the great depression in this country, so I have preppering instilled in my blood too. Anyway, welcome again to the site, glad to have you here.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the forum. I think the word "Prepper" is a major hang up for a lot of people, makes them think of some crazy people like seen on tv. Whenever someone has a wife, husband, or any other partner who shies away from prepping, then I think the word itself should be avoided around them. Might sound silly, but I honestly believe that is the hangup with a lot of people.
    Not a thing wrong with having some extra, food, water, supplies around just in case of bad weather or something else, just don't be one of those crazy preppers like seen on television (know what I mean?).
    I came from both parents who lived through the great depression in this country, so I have preppering instilled in my blood too. Anyway, welcome again to the site, glad to have you here.
    Thank you, I only use the word prepper on the message board

Welcome from Missouri.
    TG likes this.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by wallyLOZ View Post
    Welcome from Missouri.
    Thanks so much, Wally

Welcome to the Forums!
    TG likes this.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Hello from Kentucky! I flew thru YYZ a few times but didn't leave the airport to check out the town but I will next time!
    TG likes this.

Welcome from Mississippi.
    TG likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links