New prepper from Georgia
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New prepper from Georgia

This is a discussion on New prepper from Georgia within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi y'all. I'm from Georgia and I'm pretty new to prepping. I am on a pretty tight budget so I don't find myself able to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New prepper from Georgia

New prepper from Georgia

Hi y'all. I'm from Georgia and I'm pretty new to prepping. I am on a pretty tight budget so I don't find myself able to stockpile supplies the way others can. A little here, a little there but not in mass quantities. I live in the city and plan on bugging out so because of this I've been studying more about living off the land in case of an emergency than prepping. Edible plants, bugs, water purification, etc.... So I consider myself more of a survivalist than a prepper. There is some prepping involved but it's been minimal. For example, I've made bug out bags for my wife and oldest child (the other isn't old enough to carry one yet), and I've got a tac vest that I've essentiallyaly made my bug out bag. There set up to be 3 day bags and they're a work in progress but I've almost got them finished... And that's pretty much it. I've been formulating bug out plans in my head but nothing concrete. My wife has family that lives out in the country and I hunt so I know a few places where we could make camp temporarily if needed. That's why I decided to join up here. I'll admit that I've been lurking for awhile though. I'm looking foward to talking to like minded people and learning a few things.

So yeah... That's me. Thanks in advance for the knowledge and advice.
    Last edited by trail999blazer; 11-04-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Annie and MisterMills357 like this.

None

Another GA boy, Good to hear from you. Grew up in the big A myself so I understand the challenges of trying to prep down there. Lots of great people (and a few 'ol sourpusses) here.

Nice to know you've got some basic skills but getting out of the city would be a huge challenge.

Welcome from Mississippi. Nice to have survivalist skills but what happens in the winter when there are few plants & bugs (yum )? That's where prepping comes in. You plan for the worst case... not the best.

Good luck on your prepper journey.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by trail999blazer View Post
    I'll admit that I've been lurking for awhile though. I'm looking foward to talking to like minded people and learning a few things.
    OMG, we caught another "Luker", or maybe I should say we've converted another lurker.

Welcome from SE AZ.

Rancher
    rstanek likes this.

Welcome, originally from GA. Jackson county. Sounds like your off to a pretty solid start man. Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Joe

Welcome from Ohio.

Welcome!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Welcome from Wisconsin

Welcome from Houston.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Welcome from Wisconsin. Spent time in GA
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links