New to Forum, Saying Hi from New York!!!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on New to Forum, Saying Hi from New York!!! within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hello everyone Im new to this forum and really new to forums in general. I have tried before on others but never seem to get ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New to Forum, Saying Hi from New York!!!

Hello everyone Im new to this forum and really new to forums in general. I have tried before on others but never seem to get any feedback or help. Please forgive me if i ask any basic (stupid or noob) questions as I'm new to this whole forum thing. Anyways welcome from the most freedom hating state of New York.

My main question for the day is how might I go about finding a book on plant and wildlife for the North East of the U.S. Upstate N.Y. More specifically. I'm looking mainly a guide on plants which my be edible, medicinal, and all the other many uses they may have. Also guides to trapping, snaring. It would be very useful to have one specifically for the region i am in so i do not have to search through many that do not apply to me. Also I wouldn't mind having a separate one for all of the U.S. just for educational purposes. Sorry if I'm rambling but the most important and top of the list is the North East Region. Specificity Upstate New York. Any other useful not mentioned literature suggestions would be wonderful and I would be truly thankful as well.

Hello and Welcome!!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Welcome from Australia! Although I was born and raised in NY!

I started personally sending thank you messages for my replays so i, just going to say it once, thank you for the reply and it is truly nice receiving such welcoming reply so shortly after posting. You guys are wonderful here!!!

Welcome welcome!

Super Moderator

Welcome from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by itzMick View Post
    My main question for the day is how might I go about finding a book on plant and wildlife for the North East of the U.S. Upstate N.Y. More specifically. I'm looking mainly a guide on plants which my be edible, medicinal, and all the other many uses they may have. Also guides to trapping, snaring. It would be very useful to have one specifically for the region i am in so i do not have to search through many that do not apply to me. Also I wouldn't mind having a separate one for all of the U.S. just for educational purposes. Sorry if I'm rambling but the most important and top of the list is the North East Region. Specificity Upstate New York. Any other useful not mentioned literature suggestions would be wonderful and I would be truly thankful as well.
    Here is a place to start.

Plant Lists for Wildlife:: Northeast - The Metropolitan Field Guide

Amazon.com: medicinal plants and herbs

Hello, and welcome to our site, as Inceptor posted a couple sites, it should not be hard finding books on edible and medical plants in your region. By the way the term "noobie" doesn't get used here, doesn't matter if it's your first post or a thousand, we'll all here to learn and share, any questions you have, I am sure many will be able and willing to answer.
    inceptor and longrider like this.

Welcome from Missouri.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links