Hello from the Third Coast - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from the Third Coast

This is a discussion on Hello from the Third Coast within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Welcome from Southern Minnesota. I look forward to hearing about the things you're doing. Such as what you're doing to be fit? Lucky you being ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Hello from the Third Coast

Welcome from Southern Minnesota. I look forward to hearing about the things you're doing. Such as what you're doing to be fit? Lucky you being able to be outside all year long. it's cold up here right now. I've gotten the wool mittens, the down coat and my fur-lined hat out. The wind has been biting hard lately.
    microprepper likes this.

wow! what a lively group! I'll have to warn you I might be as much as a week between posts...

to keep fit: tai chi. The balancing part is excellent for my age level. I used to be a bicyclist and backpacker, so I am basically fit. I swim now, too, being on the gulf beach as I am.

Prickly pear #1: pick them carefully, put them in a food processor or (if off-grid) a citrus squeezer and then strain the juice thru 2 layers of muslin. It will be bitter but raspberry-like. Follow any fruit recipe from there, with about a cup of sugar to 3 cups of juice, then cut with water for drinking.

But throw rocks into the cactus area before going in. rattlesnakes love those big spreads of cactus. Also, watch out for fireants. They sometimes climb inside the sweet fruits. And pick a few green ones for the pectin if making jelly (which I have not done yet. I have been drinking the juice like koolaid and making frosting with a few tablesspoons of straight juice in a cup or more of confectionaers' sugar)
    Last edited by microprepper; 11-23-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links