Hello from the left coast - yeah, "that" left coast...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from the left coast - yeah, "that" left coast...

This is a discussion on Hello from the left coast - yeah, "that" left coast... within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; hey, don't blame me... i just live here. you can call it kalifornia ; i prefer CA. there are some positive things about CA (like ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hello from the left coast - yeah, "that" left coast...

Angry Hello from the left coast - yeah, "that" left coast...

hey, don't blame me... i just live here.

you can call it kalifornia ; i prefer CA.

there are some positive things about CA (like the new proposition 64), and some negative (like the new proposition 63). prop 63 goes like this:

"Requires background check and Department of Justice authorization to purchase ammunition. Prohibits possession of large-capacity ammunition magazines ( but doesn't say what that actually means). Establishes procedures for enforcing laws prohibiting firearm possession by specified persons (like whom ?). Requires Department of Justice’s participation in federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System (which we already have - NICS). Fiscal Impact: Increased state and local court and law enforcement costs, potentially in the tens of millions of dollars annually, related to a new court process for removing firearms from prohibited persons after they are convicted (and don't forget all that overtime pay)."

luckily, my hobby is black powder replicas (until walther gets their act together) so i don't have to worry about ammunition or magazines - yet.

i have an 1858 remington nma which accepts the 45LC cylinder from Taylors. it's a little on the 'spensive side, so l'll have to think about it. fortunately, there's reloading

but, i digress.....

i actually joined this forum in 2014, then found "SF Bay Area Preppers" which was a Meet-up that seemed like the real thing until the moderator changed. can you say boring ? we used to meet at a great burger n' fries place monthly ; that's dead. there used to be lively discussions about prepping ; that's dead, too. there was even an annual gear testing camp out ; you guessed it. now it's all gay this and gay that. not my cup o' tea, i-y-k-w-i-m. i've found something much, much more troubling. more troubling that a financial meltdown, a collapse of the economy, even the grid failing or an emp pales in comparison. i'm talking about the documentary written by a Dr. Travis Taylor : www . Youtube . com/ watch?v=-lj2afg31oU

as the co-author, bob bowen states: "if this happens, we're hosed" don't laugh. we've been making noises that seek to draw attention to ourselves for decades. i'm now certain that's a bad idea. watch this video and see for yourself why it is.

take it seriously and join the discussion or pm me.

~grimner~
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Welcome back.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I love California. My Mom is from the Northern part of the state.

I just hate LA.
    stowlin likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

csi-tech and denton,

thank you both for the welcome.

i also can't stand LA and might be moving north soon, if i can get a decent apartment in Redding... it can't be worse than what i've got now.

Banned

I don't know about Redding, 20 years ago it was pretty rough...

Anyway, good to see you here.

Lived in Redding 16 years ago, Jones Valley. Uncles property 6 acres in the sticks. Loved it. I'd buy land there cept fires roll through there like every ten years. Was the city rough? Never ran into anybody smart enough to be rough. Bunch of tweekers in the hills.

James 1:22

NobleSKS,

my first visit to Redding was Oct 28, 29 & 30, 2016, to see what it looks like and how expensive it was. really nice "city" (compared to SF, CA), and it rained almost every day. i love rain. prices were pretty good, apartments are available, but i definitely would need wheels to get around, it's spread out all over the place. didn't have time or ability to check out much outside of the main streets. i had to laugh because people were saying how bad it is downtown ; it's nothing compared to SF's dirt and bums camping out on the sidewalk - clean, modern, almost deserted at night. i'm giving it a serious look again if my application is accepted for an apartment.
    the only negative is summer heat (100+), but that's what air conditioning is for.
    ~grimner~

Welcome from NE Texas ... Cali? Oh boy.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimner View Post
    csi-tech and denton,

thank you both for the welcome.

i also can't stand LA and might be moving north soon, if i can get a decent apartment in Redding... it can't be worse than what i've got now.
    Welcome from another CA native. My sister lives in Redding and is a property manager. PM me and maybe she can find a place for you.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Welcome to PF from NC .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links