Rookie Prepper + 1
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rookie Prepper + 1

This is a discussion on Rookie Prepper + 1 within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Good morning, I just joined and wanted to say hi. I am pretty new to prepping, to be honest I don’t know where to start. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rookie Prepper + 1

Good morning,

I just joined and wanted to say hi. I am pretty new to prepping, to be honest I don’t know where to start. I recently found interest in “Doomsday preppers” and thought it was an interesting idea. I don’t really think tornadoes will rip apart the earth, aliens will try and takeover, magnetic poles will shift or solar flares will bring down the power grid. Zombies maybe (ha, not really although I do think it is plausible for a pandemic too sweet across the earth, with symptoms mimicking that of the movie “Crazies” essentially destroying your mental faculties but this is a whole other talk.) Civil unrest/collapse of Govt. is a possibility. Even if none of these things happen it would be good to be prepared for the little things such as Hurricane Katrina which devastated the gulf for months after especially civil unrest around the New Orleans area.

Anyways, I came to this site to get a better understanding on prepping ideas and unique things that one or the other may not think about. I really haven’t started prepping off that well; I do have several weapons and several thousand rounds of ammo. I have enough food/water to sustain myself and GF for about 4 days locked down in my house (not nearly enough I know). My idea was that if I have money to either buy a gun to start with or buy food/resources first, I can scavenge and take with something to defend myself, but if I have nothing to defend myself with me saving items doesn’t really do anything if someone wants to take it. A few problems I foresee are I am in the military so I will be moving place to place every 4 or so years for the next 14 years of my life. This will make it hard to establish a group of people, although I do have a pretty serious GF so that makes a team of 2. Since I now have the guns and ammo thing squared away my first task is to create a bug out bag, well 2 (me and her) and I hope to get a better understanding here because as I’ve already read weight is key and it adds up fast.

Hope to see you all on the forums, have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to read this.

-KillSwitch
    Last edited by PrepperLite; 05-11-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Hello from Minnesota and thanks for your service!

Welcome aboard. There is lot's of good people and good info here.

Thanks for your service.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums!

Greeting and welcome from the great state of confusion, ILLANNOYED

Welcome from the florida west coast. Haven't been here long myself and new to prepping myself. I have learned alot already and learning more everyday.

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida. Thank you for serving our country.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Welcome from Mississippi.

Hello from Oklahoma
    I can’t wait till the SHTF and the 0bama sheeple turn into zombies. I’ll go walking dead on theyazz. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links