Hello from Houston, TX
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from Houston, TX

This is a discussion on Hello from Houston, TX within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Greetings everyone! I am brand new to this site and i'm very happy to be here. I'll start by introducing my background and lifestyle and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello from Houston, TX

Greetings everyone! I am brand new to this site and i'm very happy to be here. I'll start by introducing my background and lifestyle and finish with a follow up. I'm 23 years old, Male, Very outgoing person, and like to leave everything out there on the table. My life growing up has been based on hunting/fishing which has given me great abilities to shoot and fish. I would go to school during the week as any young child would and leave the actions for the weekends. Saturdays would be a day for outdoor chores(mowing the grass, ect.), going out on hunting trips with relatives, or hanging out with friends around the neighborhood. Sundays would be designated for offshore fishing if I wasn't away on a hunting trip. As far as fishing I have caught it all... from little piggy perks to sharks. Hunting I have shot the basics such as deer, rabbits, boars, and birds. As I got older to around age 16 I was more interesting in making the #1 most evil item in this world today.. "Money". My parents were wealthy(not rich) and had good money but I wanted to make a life for myself and work for what's mine as I always have. I made my way thru high school and graduated. Then the problems started happening and by problems I mean "World Problems". My parents were in the car and mortgage industry and as you can see today they have both crumbled to the ground. I had been paying all my bills and had my own apartment and one day I "Woke Up" thinking why am I paying to live by myself when I can live with my parents and prepare for what WILL happen in the future. To this day I have been paying bills and partial rent for my parents house making it by on a thread. I am brand new to prepping as I have found out more information from the gracious souls of people on this earth about what is going on today and what has been going on my whole life. Where i'm at today is making it by paycheck to paycheck getting ready for the worst to come. I have guns and I have ammo. The question many may be asking is why did I not get food before guns and ammo? Which leads me to my follow up. I am currently looking for a friendly/inviting preparation group that I can join and offer my services of labor. I am looking for that place of comfort when things go wrong one day and will have the game plan already in place instead of saying "What do we do now?". I am not a freeloader, thief, or look for any handouts. I have worked all my life through thick and thin and have been blessed with that mind set. All I ask for is food and shelter with a new family to bond with and protect. If you have any leads or know anyone anywhere please email me- [email protected] - God bless everybody. The idea of freedom never dies.

Re: Hello from Houston, TX

Hello r3volution00! You sound like the kid I always wanted but never had! I would love to hear some of your fishing and hunting tips also. Prepping is a lifestyle that many people think is new, its not new, our forefathers have been doing it for years. Right now its a fashion status so to speak to some. Which is ok, because the more people that are prepared for any type of situation (in your case it seems financial from your experience) the better the outcome is going to be for everyone.

We are very glad you are here, we will all benefit from your experiences.

I know my parents would be proud if I did something for them like that. Good job. Good thought process also. Welcome to the forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the boards, and I love the story! we look foreword to your posts! I also live at home!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Hi and welcome from New Mexico. You have a great story and being a mother of 3 sons, I know how grateful your parents must be. Looking forward to your posts.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Welcome to the forum

Welcome Aboard!!! :D
    "I don't know what weapons will be used in World War Three, but in World War Four they will use sticks and stones."
    Albert Einstein
    Hidden Content

Welcome. If there is every anything I can do please ask.

Hi, I'm from Houston Tx. also. I am beginning to prep. I don't have much money most of my money goes into bills and student loans. and gas. damn gas. I'm here to learn to be a good prepper. this forum is great so far. i hope i can contribute to the forums. and i hope i can learn as much as i can so when the shtf, i can be prepared. btw I'm 25/m/houston tx.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme
    Hi, I'm from Houston Tx. also. I am beginning to prep. I don't have much money most of my money goes into bills and student loans. and gas. damn gas. I'm here to learn to be a good prepper. this forum is great so far. i hope i can contribute to the forums. and i hope i can learn as much as i can so when the shtf, i can be prepared. btw I'm 25/m/houston tx.
    Welcome to the forum dontlookatme! I agree, gas is causing a lot of problems in the US right now. I heard though it was something like $12/gal in the UK? I'll ask some of our UK members. For me, food.... thats a huge expense right now and of course with rising gas prices you get rising food prices. The problem is, gas comes down from time to time, whist large chain grocery stores keep the prices up. For me, its the normal 3-4 stores a week to get the best prices, where I refuse to pay $3 for a can of tuna that is the same for $1 at a different store. Grrr....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links