Looking for people to network with
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Looking for people to network with within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi, I'm a 32 year old male up in Canada, who has been slowly getting my place ready. Back in 2005 or so I was ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for people to network with

Banned

Hi,

I'm a 32 year old male up in Canada, who has been slowly getting my place ready. Back in 2005 or so I was introduced to permaculture, and not long after survivalism. In 2009 I bought a place in Northern Ontario, and started to work on making it self-sustainable, it is an ongoing project. I actually only came upon the term prepping about a month ago, and started looking more into the preppers out there.

I'd like to network with others, perhaps forming part of a larger planning network, such as SAFE.

My website is williamashley.info, which is also in construction.

I'll be working on some more stuff this summer.

I'm also a Ham.

What's going on friend I'm also in northern Ontario Canada I'm a electrician by trade and I like you idea I have bin thinking along the same line as you
    If you're listening to this, you are the resistence

Welcome Will from SW Ohio. I have not heard of permaculture and look forward to learning more about that from you. I'm also a ham although not very active. I've only been prepping hard for about 18 months but I guess really when I bought my generator 6 years or so ago was the real beginning. When ever it was it was due to a major ice storm in the north east that brought down all the power lines. I did have the occaision to use the genny when hurricane Ike came thru here a few years ago. Yes even here in southwest Ohio we were affected by Ike. 70 mile an hour winds are rare here and so all the trees with years of dead wood were dropping all over the place. A healthy pine tree across the street lost a 30 foot section in the storm and they were without power for 2 weeks. I'm going to do a search on permaculture now. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mudder.Mitch View Post
    What's going on friend I'm also in northern Ontario Canada I'm a electrician by trade and I like you idea I have bin thinking along the same line as you
    Good to hear from you. I've learned a little about electricity, did my Ham Radio, and got my place set up for being off grid with solar laminants and a wind turbine.

Do you do Ham Radio at all?

my email is [email protected]

Where in Northern Ontario are you at?

Banned

Permaculture, is mostly about sustainable living. This means you can live on what you have. Good to hear from another Ham, I am more or less a scanner, although I've been loking into the WARN and ARES systems. We get wind up there all the time, hasn't brought down the two in the back yet though but they move like grass a few times a year. If you have any questions, much of it ties you into ancient methods and global systems.

I think it helps to see everything as their constituent parts, for example feces isn't feces, it is organic matter with a specific chemical structure. Urine isn't urine it is ammonia, water and other chemicals. Leaves arn't just leaves, they are organic matter. A can is not a a can it is metal. This is a good first step for understanding how permaculture can take things and turn them into parts of a sustainable system.

If you have any questions or would like to network for another purpose by all means contact me.

Here is a funny video, sort of.
    Last edited by Will2; 03-20-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    hayden likes this.

Banned

Here is another one...

Hello from Leesville / Ft. Polk Louisiana I am new to the prepper thing some what now I am trying to get my 10 arc. up todate .

Right on! My BOL is my camp right now how ever it is land least only 5 years left and I have to get a new lease so in looking for a new camp hoping to own it not a fan of renting from the government

Right now I do not have a ham but I'm hoping to in the next month or to I've bin looking In to it quite a bit just not sure what to bye and ideas? Or advice on what to get?

Ok ill be sure to send you a message

And I'm just out side of Sault Ste. Marie your self ?
    If you're listening to this, you are the resistence

Howdy from Florida. I like the idea of a network ! A idea i had had before was getting a network of preppers from all around the US / Neighboring countries, and have us communicate the situations in the different area's and regions across a secure radio channel, that way people could relay information about certain area's/events going on, that could potentially save some lives. And even just discuss different things going on now in our countries/area's/lives. Though, that is a bit of a big project that would take alot of tackling and elbow grease, hehe. Also, Rice Paddy Daddy, Maybe we could set something up radio wise :p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links