Greetings from Southeastern Ohio!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Greetings from Southeastern Ohio! within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hello everyone! Wanted to get into prepping for a while now, and seeing as everything's likely to go down the toilet come November, I figured ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Greetings from Southeastern Ohio!

Hello everyone! Wanted to get into prepping for a while now, and seeing as everything's likely to go down the toilet come November, I figured now's a good time. Just wanted to say hello to the community and share where I am with my preps (and hopefully receive some advice and direction).

My location: Athens, Ohio. I'm outside of town, but not as far out as I'd like to be. Live in a duplex house (we're upstairs). Need advice on a BoL. TONS of national forest land so that's where my mind immediately goes.

Food: I have a small amount of dehydrated food. Enough for maybe a couple weeks. Plan on stocking up on that since it has such a long shelf life. (30 years).

Water: I do not have any water stored. I do, however, have a Katadyn Vario microfilter and iodine tablets. I don't have a lot of storage space so I was thinking of sticking with filters and iodine tablets rather than large stores of water. Need advice!!

Defense: I have a S&W MP Shield 9mm as my personal carry. My wife has a Ruger LCP custom. Probably a couple hundred rounds for each. My first order of business with my preps is to get a long gun. Probably going to build an AR15 from Palmetto State Armory. Thoughts?

Other stuff: I do have a bugout bag in case we need to move quickly from our home. Contains small medical kit, extra clothes, sleeping bags, water filter, food, knife, paracord, MSR pocket rocket stove w/gas, and a magnesium fire starter.

I know it's not much, but hey it's a start right? Probably more than the average Joe. But I encourage and welcome any advice that some of the veterans out there can offer! Thanks in advance!
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Greetings from PA. With the filters and iodine tabs, do you have a close by natural water source? Sawyer minis are very convenient. Are you bugging in or bugging out? If bugging out, shelter will be on your list and a plan as to destination and route. Good to see you have started.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hello from KY. I know where Athens is I used to live in SW Ohio and made a few road trips.
    Lots of good info here!

Hearty welcome on over here from Foat Wurth, TX. Let us strive to not be no steenken strangers.

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Welcome from South Texas. If you have a bath tub, look into a water BOB.

http://www.amazon.com/waterBOB-Emerg.../dp/B001AXLUX2

SGG

Welcome!

Welcome from NE Texas.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Welcome to PF from NC . We all have to start some were , you are doing good , if you are planning on begging out to a park I would get a camper " a small pop up will do " to pull behind your BOV ,, you can stock it up with supplies , I know a few people that are doing that . Good luck and keep posting .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links