being a woman in the prepper community?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

being a woman in the prepper community?

This is a discussion on being a woman in the prepper community? within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Since a lot of people seem to automatically assume gender, it's probably a good time to mention that i'm a girl. now, i know prepping ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: being a woman in the prepper community?

Talking being a woman in the prepper community?

Since a lot of people seem to automatically assume gender, it's probably a good time to mention that i'm a girl. now, i know prepping is kind of a man- dominated area, are there any other women that can offer some advice on being a woman prepper? I'm new to the forum, prepping, everything, and at times it's hard to navigate, so it would be appreciated if instead of insulting my intelligence like some of the men on here, to just give me a few pointers. I seem to be in some confusion with the community and the process. i'm still learning how to navigate the forum (searching specific topics, learning from the posts, etc.) but i'm eager to learn about prepping, but people being dicks isn't helping. (also i'm not an idiot, i'm just learning there IS a difference)

Hey Prepper nice to have you here! Plenty to learn here guy or gal! We all need to be prepped!

Please say some words to my wife here to convince her to join me in prepping!

Super Moderator

Hey!!! I'm a chick!!!! What advice do I have for you?! I guess, man up...Hehe
    Kidding aside, welcome to the forum! We have a GREAT bunch of people here, and I'm sure you'll find your spot to fit in.

PM me any time.
    Arklatex and Maine-Marine like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

Woman to young lady... thicken up that skin. You can not allow people to put you on the defensive or hurt your feel bads on here. There are some salty old men on here that have fought tooth and nail to get where they are. Underneath that thick/gruff exterior you will find wise words and advice.

I am sure that you have heard that knowledge is power. Empower yourself by reading some of the older threads on here. In the upper left corner you will find a search box. Pick a word and do a search. You can start with "self defense" my search brought up 20 pages. After you do some reading about that you could make a post asking for clarification or peoples opinions on the subject.

I presume you are in school, if so why not talk to your physical education teacher about strength training. I am sure they would be more than willing to assist you. You also have a library available so check out some books on primitive camping and hiking.

OH and a side note it isn't going to ingratiate you to the locals calling them "dicks". You get more help with honey.
    Slippy, Mish, A Watchman and 12 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by prepper View Post
    Since a lot of people seem to automatically assume gender, it's probably a good time to mention that i'm a girl. now, i know prepping is kind of a man- dominated area, are there any other women that can offer some advice on being a woman prepper? I'm new to the forum, prepping, everything, and at times it's hard to navigate, so it would be appreciated if instead of insulting my intelligence like some of the men on here, to just give me a few pointers. I seem to be in some confusion with the community and the process. i'm still learning how to navigate the forum (searching specific topics, learning from the posts, etc.) but i'm eager to learn about prepping, but people being dicks isn't helping. (also i'm not an idiot, i'm just learning there IS a difference)
    16 years old and calling people "dicks"?

If I was your father you would be off the internet forever. Matter of fact, your Father needs to contact me for some advice on your discipline.
    Mish, Sasquatch, gambit and 5 others like this.

No sweat. If someone has years of boxing, or orienteering, or whatever, I couldn't care less about gender. An SME is an SME. I will gladly listen.

And yeah, sometimes you have to hold back when you get a bad response to a post, or deflect it. We all do it.

I don't bring my feelings to the forum, but sometimes when I log off...

They hurt.

Ask away, and if you have an opinion, voice it. Then back it up. And you'll get respect, no worries.

Welcome to the forum.
    Mish likes this.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
    ― Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

Hello Prepper
    More women have gotten into prepping in recent years than you probably know. Husbands and wives, single women, and so on. So do not feel that anyone in here is against you, or that you should feel out of place. We welcome all comers and do not judge on race, gender, sexual orientation, and so on. Have a great time in here, and do not be afraid to speak up, or give your opinion.

Everyone has a role . Each must step up according to their abilities. We have always prepared as a family . Security is everyone's job .
    Speaking as a man that has been married just short of 40 years, the son of the first women in FLA to hold a union journeymen's carpenters card.
    A mother in law that ran the farm while grandpa was laid up, and could work the field with the best of them.
    The skills and abilities of both men and women are needed. Often the approaches to some task will be different.
    You will never hear me say men and women are the same thank God they are not. It is the differentness that make us stronger as a team.
    You can bet any group that is going to make it be it 2 or 20 will make it on a shared effort not getting caught up in roles assigned by gender.
    Just as the women in this family has no use for fem boys the men have no use for helpless women. Still do my part in caring for grandchildren and wife does her range time like everyone else. there are task where I lead there are those where she leads. Let people do what they are good at.
    Welcome . Prepper. Insult nope we can be hard on anyone.
    MISH make up your mind first you said you were female then I remember back you posted you were a man. I am a simple minded redneck It has to be on or the other. IMO you must be a women, no man can come up with the stuff you do.
    I don't care who does it but get some corn bread on, be back going to check on the chickens.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 12-21-2015 at 05:15 AM.
    Arklatex, jamisonbirdsong and UNO like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Some of us can be rough around the edges and very blunt. That comes from a Lifetime of battles won and lost. We tend to vet the NFG's a bit harshly. However, certainly not as harsh as life will get in SHTF scenario. Toughen yourself up young lady and lets refrain from calling people dicks.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

On YOU Tube there is a black woman that preps, A Woman's World is what she goes by,I think. Worth watching if you can find her. Keep prepping and don't let others distract you. You go girl!
    gambit and Arklatex like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links