Hey from the European north - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hey from the European north

This is a discussion on Hey from the European north within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Welcome from ohio...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hey from the European north

Joe

Welcome from ohio
    Rörpularn likes this.

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    Rörpularn likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Whatcha gonna put in it and where will you be headed with it? Thanks.
    Well, I do have quite a long list for it but here it goes

Enough food for 7 days that can be stretched to 14 days (worst case scenario it will take us uip to 14 days to walk to our destination we have in mind)
    headlight and flashlight with batteries
    a few heat lights with something to light them with
    water, about a gallon and then replenish as we go with different methods (sweden have water everywhere just about)
    trauma kit or regular first aid kit depending on availability (they're sold out, the good ones that is)
    Eton FR1 Radio along with charger cords and no we don't have NOAA here heh
    flat whistles but they will go around the neck, one for each person
    clothing and kid necessities
    maps over specific areas that are along the way, made in a water proof material
    one basic multitool, screw driver with different bit inserts
    a small tent
    protection from the rain like a poncho
    an emergency blanket
    spare socks for everyone
    ID
    Hard currency
    a spare compass
    heavy duty gloves
    Folding saw
    small hatchet
    proper bushcraft knife with a ferro rod
    a trench tool
    medication and pain relievers
    basic hygiene articles
    toilet paper tabs
    trangia kitchen (very used, small nordic aluminum set of pots, pans and a burner)
    pen and paper
    Titan survivor paracord
    small survival kit in a tin box
    a set of Icom ProHunt radios

as is, I might bring more gear or less gear depending on how I can handle the weight. I can handle alot but I dont know if I can handle what the Hunter Battalion soldiers here carry, up to 110lbs... I tried one of their backpacks and I was impressed 20 year olds could carry that.
    lifting 440lbs deadlift is one thing but to effectively carry that for a period of up to two weeks is another story.

however, due to gun laws, there will not be any firearms or any weapon that has a trigger, they all require 6 months of practice, a license from the police department and a proper gun cabinet (they do random house inspections to check if you have one)

on another note, I plan to get my hunting license... with rifles and shotguns.

What do you think of the list so far? heavy or no? Alot of the stuff is going to get repackaged to fit more snuggly and I might add some extra pouches on the belt for instance.
    And sorry for the lack of response, I've been hard at work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Whatever you get for headlights, make sure you get red filters for them and the flashlights.

With them, the compass and maps you can land navigate by night, I have done 5 miles without a moon, right to camp.

The compass should be a lensatic type and not a cheap one, remember declination.

Why do they allow the muzslimes to have automatic weapons that are smuggled into the country?

And you have to go through a lot of BS to get a license, they even are bringing in SEMTEK.

I would cut back on the water to a 2 quart canteen, pick up and decon the rest on the way.

What are the others going to carry?

You mentioned nothing about food types.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Whatever you get for headlights, make sure you get red filters for them and the flashlights.

With them, the compass and maps you can land navigate by night, I have done 5 miles without a moon, right to camp.

The compass should be a lensatic type and not a cheap one, remember declination.

Why do they allow the muzslimes to have automatic weapons that are smuggled into the country?

And you have to go through a lot of BS to get a license, they even are bringing in SEMTEK.

I would cut back on the water to a 2 quart canteen, pick up and decon the rest on the way.

What are the others going to carry?

You mentioned nothing about food types.
    Seems I have to learn how to use a lensatic compass for that matter, excellent equipment for a hidden camp!

I had no idea muslims were allowed to keep smuggled firearms, but hey this is sweden, it's popular to be a self hating swede, most people tend to ignore real life and just focus on PC behaviour, it has all gone overboard. way overboard. Asked my wife if we could move to NZ, she said yes. And then China started strong arming so that's not a good idea anymore.

I can absolutely cut down on the water, 2 quarts a day is what's needed for longer periods and replenishing every day isn't a problem here.

Wife will be carrying a toddler backpack with basic necessities, her own water. That's it thus far but we'll see how she can handle the weight and if she can grab some more gear. My oldest will be 4 so she will just be walking(whining).

Food types, I had ideas of using MRE's norweigan ones have a good reputation. However, since it might be along walk, MRE's take up alot of space in the backpack so I was considering soft pack freeze dried dinner for everyone and then food with alot of energy like chocolate, survival bars (the ones life boats are packed with) nuts and the like, caffeine pills along with vitamins.

Eventually I will go over macro and micro nutrients and create list of food that will serve the purpose. Once we get to the location we plan to have a hidden storage underground filled with essentials and a few non essentials that will last for a decade. (going to be a slow process...)

Freeze dried are the smartest route to go.

Those are what I carry in our GHB's along with lifeboat rations, all for 10 days.

Laugh, I also have a dozen cans of King Oscar brand sardines in the bags, one bag in each Cherokee.

I only travel no more than 40 miles from home now at any given time.

Consider fabricating a two wheeled handcart like BackPackHack did to carry stuff.

Me, I am not bugging out of here, I will die here one way or another, the left will pay hell if they try anything here.

Remember we have the second amendment to our constitution.

My grandparent came from the north of Sweden right up on the Finnish border in the 1,800s,

they got out when there was talk that the Tsar was thinking of annexing all of the peninsular,

plus they wanted the gold paved streets here.

It seems like Scandinavia is a carrot in front of russian noses and has been for a long, long time.

They did take back a piece in 1941, cost the reds 200,000 dead and 600,000 wounded, all for a warm water port.

Now they are looking for one on the Baltic without observation from the Sweeds.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-23-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Rörpularn likes this.

Welcome from North Port ?
    Rörpularn likes this.
    “ You lying dog face pony soldier”
    JB VP

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya49! View Post
    Welcome from North Port ?
    Well thanks!

"Lights out box"; I like that term, may appropriate it.

Welcome, from Southern California.

maps over specific areas that are along the way, made in a water proof material
    one basic multitool, screw driver with different bit inserts
    a small tent
    protection from the rain like a poncho
    I would definitely take a tent for the whole family, cause we like to travel together. Talking of which, here is a great resource I could find few weeks ago, which is called outdoorfunmag and it looks like Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor tent model looks pretty reliable and easy to set up. Do you have any experience of using it?
    Last edited by travis10RZ; 08-09-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links