Greetings from NY - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Greetings from NY

This is a discussion on Greetings from NY within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Originally Posted by Mad Trapper New Dork City, New Dork cities, or in the NY country? Later is good with us. If you've have had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Greetings from NY

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    New Dork City, New Dork cities, or in the NY country?

Later is good with us.

If you've have had a bad time voting D-Rat, still do , stay home. Mario has a plan.

Don't infect nice places left, that are right.
    That's very nicely punctuated gibberish. Who is "us"? Do you speak for someone besides yourself? And if so why have they elected you of all people to speak for them?

Welcome from Louisiana!
    Get in the habit of asking yourself, “Does this support the life I am trying to create?”

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    Where 40 years ago a real popular bumper sticker said "If You Love NY, Take 95 North".
    That was a reference to all the yankees moving down and bringing their attitudes with them.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Joe

Welcome from Ohio @Logos Rising Great to hear you are beginning the process of prepping. Glad to have you on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos_Rising View Post
    Lately I realized that the “I L❤️VE NY” meme exists so no one questions or notices how terrible it really is. It must be great since the t shirts are everywhere right? I live just outside NYC & I thought I could help people wake up around here but it’s not happening. I’m a Christian truther in a sea of clueless. Maybe I’m here for a reason, idk. Recent events have prompted me to finally start making moves, so I’m reading & watching videos during & after my 14 hour work day, but could use some custom tailored advice. I’m not experienced with food storage or anything else but I’ve purchased food & supplies to store it & am in planning stage of setting up a garden. So total noob & feeling overwhelmed but enjoying the posts & opportunities to learn here.
    Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. Best Prepper move for you would be to get as far away from NYC as possilbe. Its gong down as I think we have discussed previosly. Water food and ammo in that order. Individual serving size of Beanie Weenies is hard to beat. All the food groups plus water in there. Dollar Tree has good oneshttps://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=beans+and+franks+dollar+tree&atb=v154-1&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fi206.photo bucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb219%2FHandy_Napkins%2FIMG_ 9248.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Welcome from Florida.
    Where 40 years ago a real popular bumper sticker said "If You Love NY, Take 95 North".
    That was a reference to all the yankees moving down and bringing their attitudes with them.
    Genius, I love it. How would you describe the attitude? I mean aside from seriously misguided ideas about well, everything, New Yorkers pretty much just keep to themselves. Not that i see that as a good thing - in all the different neighborhoods I've lived in the sense of community is very thin & fragile. Just another reason why I want to leave, but I don't know what it's like in other places, and I would try to fit in as best I could, but we're not always aware of the things about ourselves that are obvious to others.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. Best Prepper move for you would be to get as far away from NYC as possilbe. Its gong down as I think we have discussed previosly. Water food and ammo in that order. Individual serving size of Beanie Weenies is hard to beat. All the food groups plus water in there. Dollar Tree has good oneshttps://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=beans+and+franks+dollar+tree&atb=v154-1&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fi206.photo bucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb219%2FHandy_Napkins%2FIMG_ 9248.jpg.
    Thank you bigwheel I appreciate the hearty in that welcome very much! I am far from learning about ammo, don't have a gun or know how to use one. Never even handled one. Not sure I'd be any good at it starting this late in life (I'm a 57 yr old woman btw). But i'm in the midst of storing up food & water so I will think about these things next, also a bug out plan. I'm not really in a position to leave, but I think about it every day. My mom is by herself & if I left she would be alone. The problem is she wouldn't want to live in a rural area, which I do, so we are not well matched to live together anywhere. I'm a bit torn about it frankly. Thank you so much for the recommendation & link

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Welcome from Ohio @Logos Rising Great to hear you are beginning the process of prepping. Glad to have you on the forum.
    Thank you Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLittle14 View Post
    Welcome from Louisiana!
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links