Hi from the Bay Area
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi from the Bay Area

This is a discussion on Hi from the Bay Area within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi everyone, I'm from the SF Bay Area, California. I've been a prepper for about 10 years, first focusing on earth quake preparedness when I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi from the Bay Area

Hi from the Bay Area

Hi everyone, I'm from the SF Bay Area, California. I've been a prepper for about 10 years, first focusing on earth quake preparedness when I lived in San Francisco. When I started I would get those all in one 36 hour survival backpacks, but after about two years the plastics on those materials like the whistles and radio would degrade. Since then I've slowly upgraded my gear to more durable stuff.

I grew up in an urban environment, and I don't have any bushcraft skills except what is gained by reading books and watching Youtube. I also cannot own a firearm because my wife does not like them, although I have trained to use them. So these two conditions have always been difficult to deal with when considering surviving in the apocalypse.

I've visited these forums off and on for a long time, but I thought I'd finally sign up and introduce myself just in case I need to barter for some TP I wouldn't be a complete stranger.

Howdy from Texas.
    Good to meet you!

We won't hold your Cali residence against you... for long.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida, Bob.
    I'm old enough that in the late 60's I wanted to live in Haight Ashbury.

Like, groovy, man!!
    paulag1955 and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    Spent a few months in the Sierra Highlands. Pretty state.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Greetings from BC Canada.

Godspeed

Hearty welcome from near DFW of Texas. Glad you made it over. Sure you will be informed the best strategy for Prepping would be to get the heck out of Californistan. Plenty of room around DFW. Holler any time.

Welcome from southern AZ. Any plans to go over the wall. I escaped from IL in 2013 and so far they haven't found me.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerbob View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm from the SF Bay Area, California. I've been a prepper for about 10 years, first focusing on earth quake preparedness when I lived in San Francisco. When I started I would get those all in one 36 hour survival backpacks, but after about two years the plastics on those materials like the whistles and radio would degrade. Since then I've slowly upgraded my gear to more durable stuff.

I grew up in an urban environment, and I don't have any bushcraft skills except what is gained by reading books and watching Youtube. I also cannot own a firearm because my wife does not like them, although I have trained to use them. So these two conditions have always been difficult to deal with when considering surviving in the apocalypse.

I've visited these forums off and on for a long time, but I thought I'd finally sign up and introduce myself just in case I need to barter for some TP I wouldn't be a complete stranger.
    Welcome...advice one Trade up for something that is more durable and as strong as you need it to be.....Ya might want to upgrade your equipment too!.

Howdy from Texas.

Yeah, my wife was anti-gun when we first got married. On vacation one time, she didn't know I had one in the RV, it looked like we would need it. She felt safer then. After that, she is ok with it.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links