Beginner Prepper
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Beginner Prepper

This is a discussion on Beginner Prepper within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi Everyone, I'm glad I found your forum. I've been thinking a lot about prepping (and wishing I was more of a prepper prior to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beginner Prepper

Beginner Prepper

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad I found your forum. I've been thinking a lot about prepping (and wishing I was more of a prepper prior to the outbreak) since the world has changed so drastically. I'm interested in survivalist information as well. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning all I can
    Christian Mom likes this.

Excellent!

Tell us what you are interested in learning?

Your new friend,

Slippy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcat View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm glad I found your forum. I've been thinking a lot about prepping (and wishing I was more of a prepper prior to the outbreak) since the world has changed so drastically. I'm interested in survivalist information as well. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning all I can
    Bcat and stevekozak like this.

Hi Slippy! I was just reading the Beginner Prepper thread. Lots of good info in there. I feel I am pretty stocked up on food, water, and supplies--I'm going to add some MRE's after reading the thread. I'm wondering how much is enough though food/supplies-wise. I'm also worried that things are going to go to complete shit soon just with the state of the world right now. I'm talking overall lack of food, supplies, etc. etc. Just wondering what to do if that happens. So trying to make a plan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!!
    Bcat likes this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcat View Post
    ..... So trying to make a plan.
    Start small. 3 days is a good start. Make sure you have enough food, water etc for 3 days. Stick with the basics..... don't get too elaborate. Then expand to 1 week. Then 2. Then 3 or 4.

In the meantime, start adding additional skills & stores. Firestarting. Map & compass navigation. First aid.

With every addition of a layer to your previous skillset or stores completed, add another. CPR. Off-grid energy generation / storage. Firearms & training. Gardening. Grab-n-go binder. Gold / silver. Primitive cooking.

DO NOT prep in columns. For instance, if your goal is to acquire 6 months worth of food, don't start with just rice and keep buying rice until you get enough to last your 6 months. Start with 1 bag, and add a commensurate amount of another staple (flour, sugar, coffee etc). Otherwise, you might be stuck eating rice for 6 months.

There's no set time-line for each step, as each person's needs and abilities varies.
    Last edited by Back Pack Hack; 03-30-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    MountainGirl and Bcat like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

This was really helpful. Thank you

Welcome from NM! we're all happy to help people get prepared! Something I wish I learned when I first got into this hobby is patience, Be patient with learning things like the lingo, how to do things like processing game, and patience in actually buying preps. Splurging on a bunch of items will just make you struggle while the grid is up and life is good, you know? And I know due to recent events might make you feel the need to be prepared as much as possible, DONT PANIC. Panic makes people crazy, you've seen what it's like already, people buying all of the toilet paper and the like. Be calm and collect intel and information as much as possible, it costs nothing and weighs nothing to get information. But IMO its most important to stay calm and patient. If you can do that, you are already lightyears ahead of the majority of the people who have never thought about prepping and trust the system blindly (I like to call them bozos). Best of luck!
    Bcat likes this.

Good advice! I think it's easy to get into panic mode during all of this, but you're right that's not really helping anything and only serves to make things worse. I was definitely a non-prepper before all of this and thought all of the prepper people were extreme. Well guess what, I owe you all a big apology because you all had it right all along! I am amazed though at some people who still seem to be going about their daily lives not worried about being prepared. They have no excuse now not to be prepared, imo.

welcome bcat. I think a lot of people will become trained, armed and well prepped after this goes over, and sadly some people will carry on doing nothing.
    Bcat and stevekozak like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links