Beginner Prepper - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Beginner Prepper

This is a discussion on Beginner Prepper within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Thank you I intend to be a prepper moving forward. This was my wake up call....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beginner Prepper

Thank you I intend to be a prepper moving forward. This was my wake up call.
    Slippy likes this.

The Good Cop

welcome from Florida.
    Bcat likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Thank you

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Joe

Welcome from Ohio
    Bcat likes this.

@Bcat

Regarding meals ready to eat, look around to see if you can still find the following;

Mountain House
    Wise Foods
    Augason Farms
    LDS
    Saratoga Farms and others

https://mypatriotsupply.com/

https://www.thereadystore.com/food-s...s-food-storage

If you read some of the threads about these long term food products, more than likely you will see debate going back and forth about cost, taste, value, sodium content, etc.

All the while the smart man was buying a little of each to hedge his bets. Buy regularly and you'll have it when you need it. Wait for "deals" or shop shop shop looking for the absolute best and many people find themselves mired in indecision. When crap hits, they have none and the guy who (in some people's minds..."overpaid, or bought the worst food value or the nastiest tasting food, blah blah blah...has the food when he needs it!

Same goes for water, ammo, medicine, firearms etc etc etc

...Or so I've heard!
    Bcat likes this.

Thank you Joe

Thanks I'll check those out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcat View Post
    Good advice! I think it's easy to get into panic mode during all of this, but you're right that's not really helping anything and only serves to make things worse. I was definitely a non-prepper before all of this and thought all of the prepper people were extreme. Well guess what, I owe you all a big apology because you all had it right all along! I am amazed though at some people who still seem to be going about their daily lives not worried about being prepared. They have no excuse now not to be prepared, imo.
    Agreed, but You don't need to be prepared for the apocalypse. Preparedmind101 on youtube coined the 80/20 rule I believe it was called. And it's basically 80% of people prepare for something only 20% likely to happen, I'm paraphrasing though, look him up for the word from the horse's mouth.
    Bcat likes this.

Thank you I will!

Quote Originally Posted by PreppingFabricator View Post
    Agreed, but You don't need to be prepared for the apocalypse. Preparedmind101 on youtube coined the 80/20 rule I believe it was called. And it's basically 80% of people prepare for something only 20% likely to happen, I'm paraphrasing though, look him up for the word from the horse's mouth.
    You mean he applied the Pareto principle to prepping? It applies to just about any distribution in existence. It's an astonishing natural phenomenon that crops up everywhere.
    It's a bit of a stretch for a YT personality to claim the coining of an idea that was first documented in 1896.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links