Buenos Dias form NM!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Buenos Dias form NM!

This is a discussion on Buenos Dias form NM! within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; What's good everybody? 21 Y/O Babby from the Newest Mexico. I'm a fabricator in Bernalillo county learning the Welding trade. I live with my family ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Buenos Dias form NM!

Buenos Dias form NM!

What's good everybody? 21 Y/O Babby from the Newest Mexico. I'm a fabricator in Bernalillo county learning the Welding trade. I live with my family and I'm currently engaged. I've been into prepping since I was a kid, but never had the chance to really get started, and since I just got my life on track I've got a vested interest in protecting it ya know? Currently engaged and it looks like this current crisis is gonna push back my wedding which is slightly upsetting. Joined the navy when I was 18 and served for about 2 months, Good 'ol childhood behavioral issues FTW. I like making knives and tools a lot, and I've gotten fairly decent at it if I'm allowed to pat myself on the back a little bit. As for my concerns about current events, I'm primarily worried about martial law and the potential of having to bug out, because I don't have any ability to fight back against martial law and live in a desert with minimal water unless I go down to the Rio wich EVERYONE is gonna flock to. Anyhoo this concludes my intro, I appreciate you reading this long-winded intro
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Welcome from Southern New England.

Fabrication is a great SHTF skill. I started my career in fabrication in 1972 in the USN… attending Machinery Repairman school (machine shop practices) in San Diego. I expanded that with welding, sheet metal forming and forge work once I got out. I’ve never been out of work in the almost 50 years that followed. I retired 8 years ago and I’m still doing projects for people. I guess the message is, stick with it, build on it, make it an art… a calling. Can’t go wrong.
    Denton and Annie like this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That's wonderful! Yeah, I've had people telling me since I was a kid I could turn my metalworking hobby into a trade and only just recently jumped on it. I'm loving the heck out of it so far! and the culture is similar to Boot, so I'm used to it at this point. Glad to see a fellow fabricator here!
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!! And congrats on the engagement! Best wishes.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Howdy from the Farmington NM Area.
    I have two children and grandchild currently staying in Albuquerque.
    Yes, the marshal law stuff is getting real with out current POS govnor..
    Stick around, join in the convos, and for reference, I'm on city water, with NO back up at the moment, other than two lifestraws and bleach.
    Donnie
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Evidently you didn't read the agreement that you signed when you joined this forum? Specifically the part that all new members who live at home and have a fiance over 21 yrs old are required to post a picture of forementioned fiance in swimwear and or bednight lingerie. We ain't talkin' about Monday or Tuesday nightwear; Friday or Saturday night lingerie is what the contract specifically calls for.

We typically vote on whether or not said fiance is a keeper!

Thanks!

Your friend,

Slippy

Quote Originally Posted by PreppingFabricator View Post
    What's good everybody? 21 Y/O Babby from the Newest Mexico. I'm a fabricator in Bernalillo county learning the Welding trade. I live with my family and I'm currently engaged. I've been into prepping since I was a kid, but never had the chance to really get started, and since I just got my life on track I've got a vested interest in protecting it ya know? Currently engaged and it looks like this current crisis is gonna push back my wedding which is slightly upsetting. Joined the navy when I was 18 and served for about 2 months, Good 'ol childhood behavioral issues FTW. I like making knives and tools a lot, and I've gotten fairly decent at it if I'm allowed to pat myself on the back a little bit. As for my concerns about current events, I'm primarily worried about martial law and the potential of having to bug out, because I don't have any ability to fight back against martial law and live in a desert with minimal water unless I go down to the Rio wich EVERYONE is gonna flock to. Anyhoo this concludes my intro, I appreciate you reading this long-winded intro
    Prepared One and Inor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Howdy from the Farmington NM Area.
    I have two children and grandchild currently staying in Albuquerque.
    Yes, the marshal law stuff is getting real with out current POS govnor..
    Stick around, join in the convos, and for reference, I'm on city water, with NO back up at the moment, other than two lifestraws and bleach.
    Donnie
    I feel you, We are super plugged into the grid in this state. I guess its due to most of NM being a big fat Desert. People are super complacent even with ABQ being a microcosm of SHTF, especially in the warzone and south valley.
    Last edited by PreppingFabricator; 03-30-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Evidently you didn't read the agreement that you signed when you joined this forum? Specifically the part that all new members who live at home and have a fiance over 21 yrs old are required to post a picture of forementioned fiance in swimwear and or bednight lingerie. We ain't talkin' about Monday or Tuesday nightwear; Friday or Saturday night lingerie is what the contract specifically calls for.

We typically vote on whether or not said fiance is a keeper!

Thanks!

Your friend,

Slippy
    Oh lordy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links