Single Mom From Florida
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Single Mom From Florida

This is a discussion on Single Mom From Florida within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; I am a 31 yr old mom from Sarasota. I have been a strong believer in "It is better to have and not need. Than ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Single Mom From Florida

Single Mom From Florida

I am a 31 yr old mom from Sarasota. I have been a strong believer in "It is better to have and not need. Than to need and not have." my whole life. My brother has always been a survivalist. And he taught me many things. But amidst this whole pandemic, I am honestly scared for my (almost) 2 year old son, my 74 year old mother and 55 year old sister who is in home hospice care and my rottweiler girl pup....I was hoping to meet some like minded individuals. And possibly ease my mind a little.🤞🤞 Anyhoo, hi everyone!
    Michael_Js and watcher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SRQMAMA88 View Post
    I am a 31 yr old mom from Sarasota. I have been a strong believer in "It is better to have and not need. Than to need and not have." my whole life. My brother has always been a survivalist. And he taught me many things. But amidst this whole pandemic, I am honestly scared for my (almost) 2 year old son, my 74 year old mother and 55 year old sister who is in home hospice care and my rottweiler girl pup....I was hoping to meet some like minded individuals. And possibly ease my mind a little. Anyhoo, hi everyone!

I'm always curious as to why some woman would choose to be a "single mom". Having a child via artificial insemination always seems like an odd thing to do.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Thanks

Slippy

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.

Good news for your dog; they now say it isn’t zoonotic.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@SRQMAMA88 , welcome. There are lots of great people on here, we are just very cautious about new people. We have had a few weirdo's here lately.
    None the less, please, feel free to ask away, and tell us what you level "of prepared" are you..
    You know, how many days or weeks of "extra" do you have?
    My kids just learned today, that school in NM is closed for the year, only computer learning. Homeschool I guess. We are ok, with two freezers and a pantry..
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

I'm always curious as to why some woman would choose to be a "single mom". Having a child via artificial insemination always seems like an odd thing to do.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Thanks

Slippy
    I wonder why you're assuming there was artificial insemination involved.
    Michael_Js, SOCOM42 and watcher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I wonder why you're assuming there was artificial insemination involved.
    Good question Paula. I came to this question because Single to me, means ONLY ONE IN NUMBER. So I presumed that there was no Father around. Hence my conclusion, or at least my inquiry regarding artificial insemination.

Widowed Mom means that a woman was married and became a wife, had a child with the husband and the husband/father died. The mother of the child became a Widowed Mom.

Divorced Mom would be a woman who was previously married, had a child the old fashioned way, and the couple divorced.

Just the way that I think, I suppose.

Fair question, don't you think?

Hey girl! From deep inside the hidden bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Good question Paula. I came to this question because Single to me, means ONLY ONE IN NUMBER. So I presumed that there was no Father around. Hence my conclusion, or at least my inquiry regarding artificial insemination.

Widowed Mom means that a woman was married and became a wife, had a child with the husband and the husband/father died. The mother of the child became a Widowed Mom.

Divorced Mom would be a woman who was previously married, had a child the old fashioned way, and the couple divorced.

Just the way that I think, I suppose.

Fair question, don't you think?
    How about an extemporaneous insemination?
    Slippy and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    How about an extemporaneous insemination?
    Advice to the youngsters;

Biologically, that doesn't work regardless of how extemplary her aneous appears...
    stevekozak, KUSA, watcher and 2 others like this.

The Good Cop

Welcome from the opposite corner of the state.
    The piney woods northwest of Jacksonville, out with the cows, horses, chickens, and coyotes.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links