Howdy from BC Canada
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Howdy from BC Canada

This is a discussion on Howdy from BC Canada within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; well its been a long time coming but i gotta join your ranks. long time follower/lurker. lots of great info shared here and i feel ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Fatnlow
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Fatnlow
  • 2 Post By Prepared One
  • 3 Post By Annie

Thread: Howdy from BC Canada

Howdy from BC Canada

well its been a long time coming but i gotta join your ranks. long time follower/lurker. lots of great info shared here and i feel i have some to add. the whole Covid thing has brought being prepared to the forefront of everyones mind and who's crazy now eh? i just heard a great line on youtube i have to share...

"hope is not a plan" credit to Wranglerstar

so we hope for the best but prepare for the worst. my family and I just moved 500km from our well prepared home in the mountains to a huge urban centre just 3 weeks ago due to a great work opportunity for myself and right about now i am second guessing that decision. but we are well on our way to having this place ready and the more prepared we get here the better we all feel, well the better i feel anyway. my 5 year old son is just super happy there's a Chuck E Cheese within an hours drive

our new house is a two story with attached garage and cold storage room in the basement so food and water storage isn't too big of an issue. last night we had a huge wind storm and lost power for a few hours, i hate being dependent on the electrical grid. waiting on electrician this week to re-wire the house so we can power it from the generator and disconnect from the grid if/when the need arrises. i wonder about the preparedness of the average person here... with a population of 2.5 million and only a few major access roads in and out the idea of a bugout seems difficult and bugging in may be our only viable option. anyway i am babbling, im up enjoying the sunrise while the wife and kids sleep a little longer. lets see what craziness today bring with the "toilet paper hoarders" thats a real thing here
    Slippy, Prepared One and Denton like this.

Hey @Fatnlow nice to see you!

Many people call me Sweet-n-Tall so that makes us the opposite of twins or some such nonsense! Anyway, welcome!
    Prepared One likes this.

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!!
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Cheers @Slippy ! so that means I am Danny Devito and your Schwartzeneger... hmmm, not sure which of us got the 'short' end on that deal.

stay healthy
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Hey @Fatnlow nice to see you!

Many people call me Sweet-n-Tall so that makes us the opposite of twins or some such nonsense! Anyway, welcome!
    That's funny, I hear people call you a lot of things, but never Sweet-n-Tall.

OH, and a big Howdy and welcome aboard to ya @Fatnlow
    Fatnlow and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    That's funny, I hear people call you a lot of things, but never Sweet-n-Tall.

OH, and a big Howdy and welcome aboard to ya @Fatnlow
    I just calls him Mr Slippy.
    Prepared One, Fatnlow and Slippy like this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Sponsored Links