G'day from New Zealand.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

G'day from New Zealand.

This is a discussion on G'day from New Zealand. within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum but have been prepping about 7 years, with the last 3 years becoming a lot more serious upon ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: G'day from New Zealand.

G'day from New Zealand.

Hi everyone.
    I'm new to the forum but have been prepping about 7 years, with the last 3 years becoming a lot more serious upon the purchase of a 120 acre mountain property and the creation of a significant arsenal and stockpile. I'm here because I've got the basics covered and I'm at the limit of my knowledge on taking things further, so I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from those who are further down the rabbit hole than I am so that I can maximize the value of every dollar I put into it from here on out. Also keen to share my experiences on what has gone well for me so far and what has not worked out.
    Denton, MountainGirl and bigwheel like this.

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Welcome TGS!
    Is it safe to assume your rabbit hole is mostly if not all the way off the grid?
    Mountain dweller here, too, Looking forward to your posts.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Joe

Welcome from Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Welcome TGS!
    Is it safe to assume your rabbit hole is mostly if not all the way off the grid?
    All the way No phone reception, one road in and out, 300m of elevation and hydro power.
    Chiefster23 and MountainGirl like this.

Howdy from Texas
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Hello from Jefferson.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    As a Vietnam War veteran let me say thanks to the ANZAC forces for helping us.

Are you a member of the AusPrep forum? I'm registered there with the same name, but I haven't visited much in the last few years.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Welcome from Florida.
    As a Vietnam War veteran let me say thanks to the ANZAC forces for helping us.

Are you a member of the AusPrep forum? I'm registered there with the same name, but I haven't visited much in the last few years.
    And thank you for your service. Without folks like you looking out for that generation we'd all be communist by now. My grandfather served in the navy during the war (not ANZAC) and fought at the battle of the river plate off the coast of Uruguay. Sent the Germans home without their ship.

I'm not on any prepper forums other than this one.

Cheers
    TGS
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSouthern View Post
    All the way No phone reception, one road in and out, 300m of elevation and hydro power.
    Hydro would be wonderful here, lucky you! Oh wait - for you, is hydro electricity or water? Here it's water, in Canada it refers to electricity cause that's how most of theirs is generated.
    We're all the way off too - 760m elevation - 200' deep well drilled through solid granite - full solar-elec system. Not as much land as you but in the middle of the range not much for neighbors so that's okay. Goat trail in sucks sometimes though. LOL
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links