Howdy from TX
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Howdy from TX

This is a discussion on Howdy from TX within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hey y’all, God Fearing Prepper here. Currently live in South Central Texas. Years back I used to be an avid prepper and things went south ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Howdy from TX

Howdy from TX

Hey y’all,

God Fearing Prepper here. Currently live in South Central Texas. Years back I used to be an avid prepper and things went south with the finances as the Lord was stripping me down and teaching He is the One in charge. Times have changed and the Lord has provided me a good job with ample income to begin to prepare again. My prepping before, was before the Lord saved me and at times it scared the daylights out of me and the wife...Now that I am a blood bought born again slave of Christ Jesus I know longer fear what this world is coming to, for it is all spoken and prophesied in the word of God.

Yet with this said, the word of God tells us to be prepared...the first prepper of the Bible was Noah, in a time when it never rained a drop of water from above God told Noah to build a boat...now to me, that is obedience and the ultimate preparation.

So, for me preparation is not about being scared, it is about, well...being prepared...it is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

And with the state of this world, unrest is just a heartbeat away.

So as time goes on, I look forward to becoming a part of this community and forging relationships and sharing knowledge and gaining knowledge. If we view this as an escalator and holding hands with the one above us and the one below us it becomes easy...there are some with a wealth of knowledge and there are those just starting out and there is some in the middle...but we are all trying to accomplish the same thing...TO BE PREPARED!

I’ll close with a couple of verses from the Bible, the word of God that hits the nail on the head when it comes to preparation…

Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise.

Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, But the naive go on, and are punished for it.

Take care y’all and may you be wise in the coming days.

God Fearing Prepper

Slippy says

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Howdy from a soggy Houston.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Welcome from Mississippi!

Hey welcome Brother...from up at Foat Wurth. Had a similar Birth from above myself at age 40..which that was 30 years ago. It was a wild old ride. lol. Some folks expect it to happen again..but it dont. Its one per person.
    A Watchman likes this.

I read your intro, and while I acknowledge your intent, I can't help but feel you just made a poor choice of words when you described your relationship as being a "slave".
    Most and myself included, would describe our relationship as finding redemption, peace, and joy, resulting in a desire to follow his light.

Nonetheless, tell us more about this prepper thing you speak of and exactly what you have or want to do, and why?
    Slippy likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I can't help but feel you just made a poor choice of words when you described your relationship as being a "slave".
    If you were to truly to know the God of the scripture, you would know those saved are saved by God for salvation is of the Lord and as it says in Romans 3 "no one seeks God..."

As for a poor choice of words...lets see what scripture says.

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life (Romans 6:20-22).

In these verses, the metaphor that Paul continues to use to portray the Christian life is that of slavery. As we look at this passage, we see the transition that takes place in a believer’s life at the moment of conversion, as he goes from one type of slavery to another. Before we become a Christian, we are slaves of sin, held in bondage to its cruel tyranny. When we were born again, we became a slave of God, now obedient to a new master. There is never a moment in anyone’s life in which we are not a slave. There is not an interval of time between these two slaveries in which we are in neutral territory, not a slave to any master. When we were converted, the door of the prison house of sin was opened, our chains were unlocked, and we were ushered out of our former bondage to sin. Immediately, we were brought into a new slavery to righteousness.

The word of God, the Holy Writ makes it very clear Jesus is Master and those who He has redeemed are clearly the bond servant of the Lord...

As for prepping, I believe what I wrote sums it up...being prepared is key. As we used to say while I was in the US Army...the 5 P's....

Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance

I could add one to two more P's to the list...but being a slave to Christ, scripture tells me to not let any unwholesome words proceed from my mouth.

Its best to be proactive instead of being reactive....yet at times we need to be dynamic as the situation around us could change in the blink of an eye.
    Slippy and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearingPrepper View Post
    If you were to truly to know the God of the scripture, you would know those saved are saved by God for salvation is of the Lord and as it says in Romans 3 "no one seeks God..."

As for a poor choice of words...lets see what scripture says.

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life (Romans 6:20-22).

In these verses, the metaphor that Paul continues to use to portray the Christian life is that of slavery. As we look at this passage, we see the transition that takes place in a believer’s life at the moment of conversion, as he goes from one type of slavery to another. Before we become a Christian, we are slaves of sin, held in bondage to its cruel tyranny. When we were born again, we became a slave of God, now obedient to a new master. There is never a moment in anyone’s life in which we are not a slave. There is not an interval of time between these two slaveries in which we are in neutral territory, not a slave to any master. When we were converted, the door of the prison house of sin was opened, our chains were unlocked, and we were ushered out of our former bondage to sin. Immediately, we were brought into a new slavery to righteousness.

The word of God, the Holy Writ makes it very clear Jesus is Master and those who He has redeemed are clearly the bond servant of the Lord...

As for prepping, I believe what I wrote sums it up...being prepared is key. As we used to say while I was in the US Army...the 5 P's....

Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance

I could add one to two more P's to the list...but being a slave to Christ, scripture tells me to not let any unwholesome words proceed from my mouth.

Its best to be proactive instead of being reactive....yet at times we need to be dynamic as the situation around us could change in the blink of an eye.

Enjoy, for we all do ....each in our own unique journey.
    Slippy and inceptor like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearingPrepper View Post

I could add one to two more P's to the list...but being a slave to Christ, scripture tells me to not let any unwholesome words proceed from my mouth.....
    Oh (BLEEP) now you tell me!

PS I knew what you were referring to in your comment about being a "slave" to God.
    A Watchman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links