Hi - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi

This is a discussion on Hi within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Howdy. Welcome from DFW. You might be interested in my prepping experiment of home rolled cigarettes for bartering when the economy collapses. One of our ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hi

Howdy. Welcome from DFW. You might be interested in my prepping experiment of home rolled cigarettes for bartering when the economy collapses. One of our highly cute fellow members called Toronto Girl who survived the collapse of the USSR in the Ukraine I think..90s maybe? say they called cats roof rabbits..her Mama made soap out of dog fat and the hot barter items were cigarettes..vodka and toilet paper. Made sense to stock some. In fact think I will go buy a case of vodka half pints tomorrow. I been intending to do that anyway. Whatcha think?
    Hi-first-batch-home-rolls.jpg
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-12-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Joe

Welcome from Ohio! @Crunch

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Howdy. Welcome from DFW. You might be interested in my prepping experiment of home rolled cigarettes for bartering when the economy collapses. One of our highly cute fellow members called Toronto Girl who survived the collapse of the USSR in the Ukraine I think..90s maybe? say they called cats roof rabbits..her Mama made soap out of dog fat and the hot barter items were cigarettes..vodka and toilet paper. Made sense to stock some. In fact think I will go buy a case of vodka half pints tomorrow. I been intending to do that anyway. Whatcha think?
    Vodka and smokes for trade sounded like a good plan to me too. TP too, but not sure the wife would let me unless end of the disaster was in sight.

Slippy, MountainGirl and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Vodka and smokes for trade sounded like a good plan to me too. TP too, but not sure the wife would let me unless end of the disaster was in sight.

PARR-TEEE tonight at @Crunch 's place!

Welcome from the northern rockies, Crunch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Yep..as the wise large breasted Englsh teacher often said..A word to the wise should be sufficient. lol. We need to talk about how to clone a perfect Marlboro Red. My Turkish Red is due tomorrow. Way pokey from up North from the post office but the shippng wasnt real expensive. The guy at the oil change place said he loves Camels so this next batch may have his name on it. The guy who promised to buy my first run of hard packed Marlboro lights pussed out on me. Looks like some Chicom done stole the patent on the Topsomatic machine. What do you oil yours with? I got some WD 40 on some of mine. Put a fre to em they go right up in flames. I am back to using gun oil now. I think half pints would be hard to beat..would also add Pebble Ford Bourbon and Gibleys Gin. Worked well for the bootleggers up near the pan handle. A lot of democrats love gin..and rednecks love bourbon. Maybe a case of cheap rum for any old widder ladies who make rum cakes for Christmas and such things. Caught an old lady drunk as a skunk driving one day. She say she was making the cake and decided to take a sip of rum. She say it tasted good so she had another..and another..and wound up drunk as a waltzing piss ant and under arrest while going to pick up her grandson at 3 PM. So never mind about the Rum. Smart thinking on no rum. lol. It is also rumored to be hazardous as a panty shucker drink when mixed with coke and ice. Definitely not nice. Maybe why they call it demon rum huh?
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-15-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yep..as the wise large breasted Englsh teacher often said..A word to the wise should be sufficient. lol. We need to talk about how to clone a perfect Marlboro Red. My Turkish Red is due tomorrow. Way pokey from up North from the post office but the shippng wasnt real expensive. The guy at the oil change place said he loves Camels so this next batch may have his name on it. The guy who promised to buy my first run of hard packed Marlboro lights pussed out on me. Looks like some Chicom done stole the patent on the Topsomatic machine. What do you oil yours with? I got some WD 40 on some of mine. Put a fre to em they go right up in flames. I am back to using gun oil now. I think half pints would be hard to beat..would also add Pebble Ford Bourbon and Gibleys Gin. Worked well for the bootleggers up near the pan handle. A lot of democrats love gin..and rednecks love bourbon. Maybe a case of cheap rum for any old widder ladies who make rum cakes for Christmas and such things. Caught an old lady drunk as a skunk driving one day. She say she was making the cake and decided to take a sip of rum. She say it tasted good so she had another..and another..and wound up drunk as a waltzing piss ant and under arrest while going to pick up her grandson at 3 PM. So never mind about the Rum. Smart thinking on no rum. lol. It is also rumored to be hazardous as a panty shucker drink when mixed with coke and ice. Definitely not nice. Maybe why they call it demon rum huh?
    Only used the machine it a few times, found it and some other rolling supplies at a garage sale. I've tried both mineral oil and vaseline, a thin layer of vaseline applied with a cotten swab seemed to work pretty well. I bought some tobacco seeds online and grew a couple dozen plants a few years back, started indoors since we're well north of tobacco country. Good cash crop I figured, a small ziploc bag of tobacco and a pack of rolling papers for trade. I didn't dry/cure the leaves long enough apparently, or in a dry enough area, the bags in storage didn't last long before getting moldy even though the leaves felt dry before packing. I did save some of the seed pods from those plants but not sure any are still viable now, maybe I'll plant some next spring as a test.

On booze, I was buying a bottle of the cheap bottom shelf stuff every payday for awhile, a mix of vodka, rum, and whiskey, the 1.75L ones were just cheaper than the same amount in smaller bottles. Plastic bottles too, they are close to 10 years old now and stored in an unheated area most of that time, no problems so far but have read glass is better for long term storage. Funny you mentioned rum, we used one to make rum punch for a party and things did get a little out of hand. I always heard it was tequila that made ladies clothes fall off
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.

Only used the machine it a few times, found it and some other rolling supplies at a garage sale. I've tried both mineral oil and vaseline, a thin layer of vaseline applied with a cotten swab seemed to work pretty well. I bought some tobacco seeds online and grew a couple dozen plants a few years back, started indoors since we're well north of tobacco country. Good cash crop I figured, a small ziploc bag of tobacco and a pack of rolling papers for trade. I didn't dry/cure the leaves long enough apparently, or in a dry enough area, the bags in storage didn't last long before getting moldy even though the leaves felt dry before packing. I did save some of the seed pods from those plants but not sure any are still viable now, maybe I'll plant some next spring as a test.

On booze, I was buying a bottle of the cheap bottom shelf stuff every payday for awhile, a mix of vodka, rum, and whiskey, the 1.75L ones were just cheaper than the same amount in smaller bottles. Plastic bottles too, they are close to 10 years old now and stored in an unheated area most of that time, no problems so far but have read glass is better for long term storage. Funny you mentioned rum, we used one to make rum punch for a party and things did get a little out of hand. I always heard it was tequila that made ladies clothes fall off
    Great story on that. The old guy who is a few years younger than me and trying to teach me the logistics of cigarette prepping say hes going to give me 10 lbs of Red River Smooth pipe tobacco which he uses to make cigaretes... which is too dried out for him. Fortunately I did research and found it its easy to rehydrate it sorta like dried out marriedjamama and such things. A chunk of a wet paper towel thrown down in the bag and allowed to permeate overnight works pretty good. Lemon peels are not nice. Thanks for the vaseline tip. Never thought of that. The rule book says household oil but some of the places its needs to go are hard to reach. Not sure how old the tobacco is but if it aint moldy it should keep a good while longer and be ready to be bartered during the Tribulation..if we aint got already Raptured out by that time. We pray for pre Trib and prep for post Trib.
    Hi-free-red-river.jpg
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-16-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Crunch likes this.

welcome from Wisconsin
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links