Hello from the Midwest
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from the Midwest

This is a discussion on Hello from the Midwest within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hello everyone, newbie to the forum. I've been prepping casually since the Y2K and stopped after that for some time thinking it was silly. Lost ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Hello from the Midwest

San

Hello from the Midwest

Hello everyone, newbie to the forum. I've been prepping casually since the Y2K and stopped after that for some time thinking it was silly. Lost everything in a flood years ago. Lost more in 08'. The village I live in now was half lost to a twister so now that I'm in a new place, and I hope to plant roots here and settle in for a long time, I'm eager to get back into prepping. I've been thinking of getting into hunting too for next season since its a lot less stigma for a woman compared to years ago and I'm still young enough to get into it. I'm also into gardening and I'd like to get into aquaponics next year too. That's a good bit to get started I suppose. Happy to be here.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Hello everyone, newbie to the forum. I've been prepping casually since the Y2K and stopped after that for some time thinking it was silly. Lost everything in a flood years ago. Lost more in 08'. The village I live in now was half lost to a twister so now that I'm in a new place, and I hope to plant roots here and settle in for a long time, I'm eager to get back into prepping. I've been thinking of getting into hunting too for next season since its a lot less stigma for a woman compared to years ago and I'm still young enough to get into it. I'm also into gardening and I'd like to get into aquaponics next year too. That's a good bit to get started I suppose. Happy to be here.
    Welcome.

Wow; you were destroyed in a flood and then in a twister?
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

San

Around 2010 there was a HUGE flood in Chicago area and I had FEMA help out, it was that bad. I just bought a house this past summer and a few months in I realized that the place I purchased a house in was taken down by a tornado just a few years ago. So yeah, I kind of make sure I have insurance and where I'm at also has brutal long winters so I plan on being a bear in a few months and never leaving home.
    Denton and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome San!! So glad you're here. Sounds like you've been through the wringer. That can be a great motivator for prepping, I would surmise.
    San likes this.

Welcome from WI. At least the tornado threat should be taken care of. Isn't it the same as lightning never strikes the same place?
    San likes this.

Joe

Welcome from Ohio San
    San likes this.

San

Thank you for the warm welcome

The Good Cop

Welcome from North Florida.
    I visited Wisconsin once, I saw these odd posts in the parking spaces in front of some stores. They looked like hitching posts for horses.
    Come to find out, these were electrical outlets to plug your vehicle engine block heaters into when shopping in the dead of the brutal Wisconsin winters.

Hey, I'm from Florida, what did I know?
    Prepared One and San like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Howdy from Houston. Born in Chicago so I am acquainted with the brutal winters. So, I got to Texas as soon as a I could. I have survived tornadoes, several Hurricanes and tropical storms, flooding, and the dead of winter snow and cold of Chicago and Wisconsin. Lived in major cities all my life, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New Orleans, Houston. So yeah, I am kinda prepared. Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 10-15-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    San likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Great, Glad you are here. I hope you will also consider getting into the assault on liberalism and buy firearms and ammo for the upcoming stand.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links