Hello From Ohio
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello From Ohio

This is a discussion on Hello From Ohio within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Howdy folks! Newbie from SW Ohio (Dayton) into all aspects of being prepared. Lived in FL for 22 years and lost all to hurricanes, the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hello From Ohio

Hello From Ohio

Howdy folks! Newbie from SW Ohio (Dayton) into all aspects of being prepared. Lived in FL for 22 years and lost all to hurricanes, the aftermath, and insurance companies. Told myself I would never again stand in a line of desperate people waiting for handouts and water. Walked away from my last house and left FL for good. I am a realist and know that anywhere (geographically) has its ups and downs and here in Ohio I plan for the worst and hope for the best. Food & rations, communications, home defense, storm sheltering, etc. Hope to learn as much as I can here to embellish what I have learned so far, and enjoy viewpoints, advice, and instruction from those who know more than I do.
    Annie likes this.

Howdy from Houston.
    Humbucker99 likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Welcome from Mississippi. Parents used to live in Dayton and we spent 9 years in Cincinnati before moving to Mississippi. If you are a 2A sort of person I highly recommend looking into joining Ohioans for Concealed Carry. An excellent group of folks. Also, brace yourself for the change in climate. There are no daffodils in Dayton in January’s!
    Humbucker99 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Another guitar player eh!
    Humbucker99 likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama.
    Humbucker99 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Hearty welcome from the rational side of DFW aka Foat Wurth. Whats impeding a move to Texas? Thanks.
    https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...-texas-quotes/
    Humbucker99 likes this.

Joe

Welcome from central Ohio.
    Humbucker99 likes this.

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!!
    Humbucker99 likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Welcome, welcome!!
    Thanks much for the hellos and hurrahs.

Yup, I'm one of them guitar weirdos. I'm lots of fun around a campfire and Christmas parties. Dad used to say I was kinda like a campfire - cheerful, but not too bright - ha

I love Texas, wouldn't take much convincing for me to relocate.

Retired trucker here, also, over 2 decades with Crete Carrier, Corp. (CCC) so I have seen all of the lower 48, and have a good self-sufficient sense after living in a Freightliner for quite some time. You know what they say, no matter where you go, there ya are!

I am big into communications, scanner radios, 2m/440 coms, HF and shortwave broadcast. Consider myself a techno-weenie in that regard. I will post pics of my radio desk and mobile coms set up as soon as I find the appropriate forum.

Looking forward to posting and interacting with y'all.
    Annie and rice paddy daddy like this.

The Good Cop

Welcome from a life long Floridian (70 years).
    I loaded Crete Carriers on occasion - I spent my entire working life in building materials distribution.
    Humbucker99 likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links