Greetings
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Greetings

This is a discussion on Greetings within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hey, everyone! I am David and I am pastor of a small church. I have just gotten into the prepping lifestyle, so I am complete ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hey, everyone! I am David and I am pastor of a small church. I have just gotten into the prepping lifestyle, so I am complete newbie on all of this.

My personal interests are mostly centered on outdoorsy stuff. I love camping, hiking and fishing. My dad was never a hunter and never raised me to be one, but I have no objection to it, and hope learn some hunting skills in the future.

I have never been married and have no children. So prepping for me, is a personal decision that I am free to make without many of the considerations other preppers have in how they prepare.

I am prepping for natural disasters that are the most common in my area like ice storms and tornadoes. That's my first concern. I live in an apartment and am trying to store and prep as much as possible without my landlord evicting me because he thinks he has a crazy person renting from him. One goal I have is to get outside of town and live in the sticks where I can prep without drawing unnecessary attention to myself.

I think that prepping is in line with Christian values and I think one can make a biblical defense for being prepared. Preparation for future hardships and calamity common sense, is consistent with how our forebears lived and is being a good steward of the resources, the Lord has given us. So, it is time for me to live according to those values to the extent that I can.

Welcome, glad you joined. Better late than never.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Welcome from Wisconsin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome from Lower Alabama

Welcome from the SE

Welcome from Jefferson. My Church has been telling us to be prepared for over 100 years. If you contact the LDS on line they maybe able to point you in the direction you are wanting. My food storage for one year (Based on 2500 cals per day), is for 5 people and it fills a walk in closet. So for one person, it should not take up that much room.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Welcome from Mississippi! I would think it difficult to prep in an apartment. So many things that matter but over which you have no control. You mentioned tornadoes. One thing I would recommend everyone have, not just preppers, is stored up wattage in the event of power outages. Power banks and stations that you can recharge with portable solar panels. And multiple ways of making coffee!

Welcome from the DFW area of Texas. The obligation to prep seems Biblical to me too.

The Good Cop

Welcome from Florida.
    We have another pastor here, Dwight.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Joe

Welcome from Ohio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links