Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Hello

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Jim and I live in the SE.

#21 · (Edited)
As I said, my name is Jim, I am a Vietnam Vet, former police officer and homicide investigator for Dade county Florida.
Welcome @Drpepper :vs_wave:

Funny story, Mrs S and I visited Son 2 and our Daughter in Law as they just bought a new house so we went to visit and lend a hand for the weekend. Daughter In Law brings out some new Cast Iron Cookwear and asks that I help her season them, so we get to work.

Later that evening DIL starts to prepare dinner and we offer to help and she says she wants to cook for us so sit down, pour yourself a glass of bourbon and relax. Eventually I need a refill so I go into the kitchen and offer to help again. She is taking some cornbread out of the oven in one of the newly seasoned skillets so she cuts me off a slice and I eat it...

"Its JIFFY cornbread mix", she says with a smile, very proud of her newfound ability..."Son2 Loves it", she goes on to say....I tell her its the best I've ever had :vs_smile: and she beams with pride!

Now, I'm giggling inside, waiting on Mrs S to find out that her new Daughter In Law makes cornbread out of a box! And SWEET CORNBREAD to boot! :vs_laugh:

So I pour myself another half cup of bourbon to sit back and watch the ensuing "Cornbread Wars"...:vs_laugh:

#23 ·
Guess I missed the formal introduction. Glad your here. I was busy trying to figure out if you was a Cajun. Thats SE to us N. Texas folks. lol. Floridddy aint usually classed as SE around these parts. Thanks to a few well placed student deferments..I didnt have to go kill any gooks..whew...but sure admire them who went. Thanks.

#14 ·
Welcome from NE Florida.
Thank you for serving our country. I'm a Nam vet, US Army. I was In Country 69-70, 5th Infantry Division up in Quang Tri Province.
I grew up in Palm Beach County and lived there many years, until it just got too crowded.

Reactions: Denton
#17 ·
I was never a hero, but I served with some.
Welcome Home.
The Special Forces had a camp at Lang Vei, during Operation Dewey Canyon II the 101st used that as a base for their birds to ferry the ARVNs into Laos. I was safe at home by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.