Hello - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Hearty welcome from DFW in Texas. Do yall like sweet or unsweet corn bread? Thanks. Originally Posted by Drpepper As I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Hearty welcome from DFW in Texas. Do yall like sweet or unsweet corn bread? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpepper View Post
    As I said, my name is Jim, I am a Vietnam Vet, former police officer and homicide investigator for Dade county Florida.
    Welcome @Drpepper

Funny story, Mrs S and I visited Son 2 and our Daughter in Law as they just bought a new house so we went to visit and lend a hand for the weekend. Daughter In Law brings out some new Cast Iron Cookwear and asks that I help her season them, so we get to work.

Later that evening DIL starts to prepare dinner and we offer to help and she says she wants to cook for us so sit down, pour yourself a glass of bourbon and relax. Eventually I need a refill so I go into the kitchen and offer to help again. She is taking some cornbread out of the oven in one of the newly seasoned skillets so she cuts me off a slice and I eat it...

"Its JIFFY cornbread mix", she says with a smile, very proud of her newfound ability..."Son2 Loves it", she goes on to say....I tell her its the best I've ever had and she beams with pride!

Now, I'm giggling inside, waiting on Mrs S to find out that her new Daughter In Law makes cornbread out of a box! And SWEET CORNBREAD to boot!

So I pour myself another half cup of bourbon to sit back and watch the ensuing "Cornbread Wars"...
    Last edited by Slippy; 08-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Drpepper likes this.

Sounds like the great cornbread cook-off ensued.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpepper View Post
    As I said, my name is Jim, I am a Vietnam Vet, former police officer and homicide investigator for Dade county Florida.
    Guess I missed the formal introduction. Glad your here. I was busy trying to figure out if you was a Cajun. Thats SE to us N. Texas folks. lol. Floridddy aint usually classed as SE around these parts. Thanks to a few well placed student deferments..I didnt have to go kill any gooks..whew...but sure admire them who went. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links