New member from the micronation of the Holy Christian Kingdom of Gyanganj
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on New member from the micronation of the Holy Christian Kingdom of Gyanganj within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; I dont trust the government to look after me when the SHTF so I decided to GMOW and create my own nation and run it ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New member from the micronation of the Holy Christian Kingdom of Gyanganj

I dont trust the government to look after me when the SHTF so I decided to GMOW and create my own nation and run it the way I want.....
    Anyway, Im in Australia.
    One serious question regarding prepping that i haven't seen anyone directly tackle.....the question of fuel.
    Im guessing when the SHTF fuel may be in short supply, and that which is available to the public will be rationed with a 3 mile queue outside service stations....i dont want to be subjected to that crap.
    I want to store some of my own fuel but not sure the best way. Where I live it gets very hot during the summer (40+ Celsius / 104+ F). My garage gets very hot and im worried about storing petrol in cans in such heat.
    I need some tips / advice / suggestions as to how to best store fuel.
    Thanks.
    Slippy likes this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Welcome from Wisconsin. Gasoline even treated doesn’t have a long shelf life, diesel a longer, propane can be stored indefinitely. Personally, in my SHTF planning, fuel isn’t a priority for the reasons previously stated, I plan on traveling on foot if need be. Roads and highways for the most part would be a death trap, JMO......
    dwight55, Slippy, Annie and 1 others like this.

Just do a web search. There is tons and tons of info on fuel storage. This topic has been researched and discussed frequently. Bottom line........ gasoline doesn’t store well long term.
    dwight55, Slippy and inceptor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome Mate. I can only talk from my own experience in this area. I have been prepper storing both gasoline and diesel in Florida for the past 10 years. It too is hot for 9 months out of the year.

We store gasoline in a 100 gallon above ground tank and in some 50 gallon drums and diesel in a 200 gallon above ground tank. All is kept under an awning for cooling.

We add life extender chemicals according to directions to extend for a year and a half. However, per directions, if you double dose the additive you can now save the fuel for 3 years. Same with diesel.

However, you can continue to add an algaecide to the diesel and it can be stored a lot longer.

We store a water remover/octane booster to go in the cars just in case. Every three years we use up all of the gasoline (in one car just in case) and replace it. We have never had a problem with the fuel.
    We always discard the last inch in the storage tank just in case it contains water.

Because we have a group retreat we also store the fuel life additive chemical so that it can be put into automobiles that arrive but may be unused. If needed, this fuel can then later be drained and used elsewhere.

Too hot to build a rigid awning? Then check out this Silver/Heavy Duty Reflective All Purpose/Weather Resistant Tarp (from Harbor Freight). It is sun resistant. We built a wall tent out of one and let stand unattended through several coastal storms. It is still like new after staying up for three years! The trick is to keep it stretched tight.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-10-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Awesome @jimcosta always enjoy your posts!

@hckgyanganj

Congrats on being the leader of your own kingdom! Rule #42; You cannot have enough serfs to carry buckets of shit so keep that in mind!

As far as fuel, jimcosta has it pegged!

I use a combination of metal Jerry Cans and plastic newer model environmentally friendly crappy containers aka algore cans! I also keep a lot of Stabil Fuel Stabilzer for both gasoline and diesel. When possible, I try and buy ethanol free gas and off-road diesel. About once every couple of years, I use up all the gas in my vehicles and start fresh just in case I got a little lax in my rotation system.

PS I HATE ETHANOL! Ethanol has to be a top 10 crappy things ever invented and supported by the dumbasses in our government and in my opinion is responsible for most of the problems with small engines.

As far as LP Gas, it never goes bad so I fill my tanks as often as I can.

Welcome!
    Prepared One likes this.

Slippy: Thanks for the kind words.

Out of habit (a bad habit) I have always bought the Ethanol (watered down) fuel. I know this is a mistake in long term storage especially if you run it through small motors such as generators as I am told it ruins the gaskets over time. But this was a mistake I continued to make.

Quote Originally Posted by hckgyanganj View Post
    One serious question regarding prepping that i haven't seen anyone directly tackle.....the question of fuel.
    Well, I have a simple solution, albeit a tad black-hearted.

In any TEOTWAWKI scenario, there will be lots of gun fire, knives poked into backs, errant poisoing and the rampant beating of an interloper to death with a shovel. So for the sake of debate, let's suppose it's you who survives.

The temperature usually drops at night, and now you're on the run with precious few supplies. It's dark, it's raining, and if your wife is still alive, she's miserable and scared. But wait, you have ample things to burn! You have a treasure trove of dead attackers--each wrapped in his own kindling, that being shirts and jeans.

Tie a scarf around your nose and mouth, sit down wind and torch yourself a corpse. Let's be honest, he isn't going anywhere anyway...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Tourist: . . . except corpses don't burn. I researched the holocaust to determine for myself if the mass gassing part of the story was true or a hoax. I was shocked at how much fuel is consumed to incinerate just one, not to mention a thousand bodies.

(I decided it was a hoax, especially when I learned that the Auschwitz concentration camp could only incinerate two bodies every two hours.)
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-10-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Tourist: . . . except corpses don't burn. I researched the holocaust to determine for myself if the mass gassing part of the story was true or a hoax. I was shocked at how much fuel is consumed to incinerate just one, not to mention a thousand bodies.

(I decided it was a hoax, especially when I learned that the Auschwitz concentration camp could only incinerate two bodies every two hours.)
    Wait! Please clarify. Are you saying that the holocaust was a hoax? It never really happened?

I am saying that the Holocaust story is true and complex (as it also involved Russia during and after WWII). However, the fact that 6 million Jews were systematically gassed to death by Germany is not true. That does not mean no Jews were executed by Germany as one must assume that in wartime this occurs. But all in all, Germany wanted the inmates healthy and productive; not dead.

I would prefer not to stir up a hornets nest here so email me at [email protected].

But the short answer is that there were indeed work camps for forced labor to run the factories as all the German men were in the military. But now the museum at Auschwitz states that no one there was gassed to death, whereas it used to say 4 million were.

The horrible pictures we all saw of naked starving prisoners were taken at the end of the war and that condition originated the last few months of the war. When a country is to be seized the attacker encircles it and cuts off all supplies to starve it into submission. When this occurred in Germany the encirclement cut off imports of Zyklon B, the gas they used do delouse clothing, as apposed to the Allies use of DDT. Without Zyklon B fleas infested the clothing (thus the nakedness) spreading Typhus. Typhus stops the body from absorbing and processing water which in turn stops the digestion of food leading to a slow starvation. Thus the emaciated survivors.

If the above does not make you ponder than consider this. One of the reasons Germany lost the war was because of their lack of fuel. So why would they train transport prisoners a thousand miles away, tattoo them for inventory purposes, gas them to death then burn their bodies (there is no evidence of mass graves except the ones at the last month or so of the war. Wouldn't it have been cheaper using a local shot to the head and then a mass grave?

There are many more facts but that is the gist of the beginning of the con to run the gassing deaths story. You might want to research the Balfour agreement (circa WWII) / Declaration (1917), which brought the U. S. into the war which promised Palestine land to the Jews, which the Allies would have to steal after WWII was just fought because Germany had the nerve to steal land. Thus the con was needed. Also research that the NY Times published a story immediately after WWI stating that 6 million Jews were exterminated in that war but it failed to get the results wanted by the U.S. Bankers so it was recycled again in WWII. All of the above was set into motion by U.S. bankers.

Also research that neither General Patton, Eisenhower nor Winston Churchill ever mentioned the holocaust in their war memoirs.

Also note that the "Holocaust" story is the ONLY fact in all of history to be forced to be believed by law. Could it be because it is a con still being played out today? Is that possible? Could the guilt of 6 million dead still be used today to fund Israel?

There is much more physical evidence if you request it. Folks, please feel free to disagree with me if you wish. However, I will not debate it. I will only provide more facts and their sources if requested. I personally made a long deliberate review of the facts and see no way for me to be convinced otherwise. Heck, I even waited a few months and went back to disprove my research and conclusion. I struck out there completely even though I really put my heart into it.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links