New From California - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New From California

This is a discussion on New From California within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Nick, my condolences to you for being trapped in Kalifornia. Please be careful walking on the streets in Los Angeles and San Francisco, reports say ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New From California

Nick, my condolences to you for being trapped in Kalifornia. Please be careful walking on the streets in Los Angeles and San Francisco, reports say the sidewalks are covered with discarded drug syringes.

My one regret is that I didn't come your way when Annette Funicello was still alive. But then, we have clean air in Wisconsin.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!!
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Hearty welcome from Foat Wurth, TX. Smart thinking to plan ahead like that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mastermclaster View Post
    My biggest concern with the Social Security collapse is not that I might be able to receive it once time comes, my concern is that it could start a chain reaction that could heavily damage the economy. As of right now Social Security is the largest portion of the government's Mandatory Budget.
    Very true. They are going to eventally have to raise the retirment age. Way too many old pharts running around here. Think the smartest thing a young person could do once a stable job is obtained is to set aside 10% of gross income and invest in a Vanguard S and P 500 mutual fund under a tax sheltered IRA. If you dont mess with it that should make you a rich old coot by 65 or so. Will dittos Old SF guys good advice and get the heck out of Californistan. Plenty of room in Texas if your able to escape. In fact you could prob bunk at Slippy Manor over in East Texas till you find your own place. Do you like grits? They eat that a lot in East Texas. Keeps us posted.Thanks.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Very true. They are going to eventally have to raise the retirment age. Way too many old pharts running around here. Think the smartest thing a young person could do once a stable job is obtained is to set aside 10% of gross income and invest in a Vanguard S and P 500 mutual fund under a tax sheltered IRA. If you dont mess with it that should make you a rich old coot by 65 or so. Will dittos Old SF guys good advice and get the heck out of Californistan. Plenty of room in Texas if your able to escape. In fact you could prob bunk at Slippy Manor over in East Texas till you find your own place. Do you like grits? They eat that a lot in East Texas. Keeps us posted.Thanks.
    Could you tell me more about that? I haven't quite stepped into investing yet, so I'm not well acquainted with things like that. And also, I've never actually had grits, so I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermclaster View Post
    Could you tell me more about that? I haven't quite stepped into investing yet, so I'm not well acquainted with things like that. And also, I've never actually had grits, so I have no clue.
    Well grits are ok if they have enough cheese and shrimp in em..but the milk and sugar thing can cause issues. Sugar is a poison ya know? Now my brother who is real smart says the best way for poor folks to make money in the stock market is to buy mutual funds and hang on dont get curte and try to juggle the money..Vanguard is rumored to be safe and low cost. Their S&P fund invests in the top 500 companies in America. Put it under and IRA the taxes can be deffered and paid later hopefully when your old and in a lower tax rate. They allows the fund to grow without taking money out of it to pay the taxes. Makes a huge difference in the final result. First step is to get a job. How are you coming along on that? Are you still living in Moms basement?
    https://investor.vanguard.com/ira/how-to-open-an-ira
    Slippy likes this.

Slippy's Famous Go-To-Breakfast Grits Bowl (for a quick and easy breakfast)

Prepare grits.

Scramble 1 egg in an iron skillet or non-stick pan

Dice up one small jalapeno pepper.

Crumble a small amount of Feta Cheese.

Combine Grits, egg, jalapeno and cheese in a clean bowl.

Salt and Pepper to Taste

Enjoy!
    bigwheel likes this.

Hey Nick I'm new to the forum too and I'm super impressed with where your mindset is at your age most young people I speak to are NOT concerned with such life topics (they're usually worried about playing Fortnite) kudos to you my friend. Your concerns with SS are super valid and your awareness is spot on but there's not much we can do except to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. At least you realize whats going and your doing something about preparing yourself I can't even get other grown adults to have the same level of awareness as you do and your 18!!! Stay Awesome Nick I guarantee one day your loved ones around you will be thankful being on the receiving end of your preparedness. preppertac.com
    Last edited by preppertac; 07-05-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Hey everybody I'm new to this forum as well and I'm super stoked to be apart of this community. I look forward to sharing and also learning from other members Happy belated 4th of July I hope you all have a great weekend! preppertac.com
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Well grits are ok if they have enough cheese and shrimp in em..but the milk and sugar thing can cause issues. Sugar is a poison ya know? Now my brother who is real smart says the best way for poor folks to make money in the stock market is to buy mutual funds and hang on dont get curte and try to juggle the money..Vanguard is rumored to be safe and low cost. Their S&P fund invests in the top 500 companies in America. Put it under and IRA the taxes can be deffered and paid later hopefully when your old and in a lower tax rate. They allows the fund to grow without taking money out of it to pay the taxes. Makes a huge difference in the final result. First step is to get a job. How are you coming along on that? Are you still living in Moms basement?
    https://investor.vanguard.com/ira/how-to-open-an-ira
    Whelp, I'm a college lad, so I'm currently working a minimum wage job and living in a dorm. So not quite as bad a living at mom's but not much greater.
    Prepared One likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links