Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

New Prepper from Wisconsin.

4K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Kauboy 
#1 ·
I'm a new prepper here based in Wisconsin. I've started to get serious about this over the last few months and slowly but surely I am gathering up the necessary supplies, tools and weapons within reason to my situation but there is still so much more I need and so much to learn.

Sadly, I am going it alone for now and I'm looking for all the help and guidance I can get.

#5 · (Edited)
Welcome

I noticed you wrote, "weapons within reason".

I'm curious when I hear this common response regarding weaponry.

Does it mean that when an adversary comes at you with a butter knife, that you respond in kind?

Me? I'd prefer to respond to an attack with a butter knife with a 50 cal.

Care to expand?

#6 ·
Welcome

I noticed you wrote, "weapons within reason".

I'm curious when I hear this common response regarding we Rooney. Does it mean that when an adversary comes at you with a butter knife, that you respond in kind?

Me? I'd prefer to respond to an attack with a butter knife with a 50 cal.

Care to expand?
I read that the OP to mean the collection of all the mentioned items within reason to his situation.

#11 · (Edited)
"Normal" people who would call us nuts are preppers themselves without even realizing it. They buy fire, flood and auto insurance even though there is a small chance their house will ever burn down or get flooded. Still, if it happened they would be absolutely devastated if they didn't have that insurance.

I consider our type of prepping much the same thing. Sure, you may never need it but if you did and you weren't prepared you'd be screwed in an even bigger way.

#10 ·
Welcome from Florida.

Reactions: GoodSam
#18 ·
Welcome from Houston, Texas.

#23 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin. Winter preps are a good place to start this time of year.

#28 ·
Hello from the Heartland.

Have you made any kind of priority list of your preps? Food, water, security, communication, shelter, transportation, netflix, etc.

#29 ·
Yes, stocking up on food, water, medicine, tools, batteries, guns, knives, ammo, anything I can think of that I may need. I am adding to my supplies as well as my knowledge slowly but surely week after week. For now, I am concentrating on stocking up the type of food that I would normally eat on any given day seeing that I have no where to bug out to and that I can rotate these supplies regularly. I am planning on staying put for now. Later on I will start to add some more advanced food stuffs, freeze dried/dehydrated stuff and the like. I am also planning on buying an airtight food sealer soon.

I don't have much but I am probably already 90% better off then most people I know who aren't prepared at all.

#30 ·
Start with your basics ( Water, heat, first aid, food, GHB's, flashlights, candles, self protection, etc. ) and prepare for events most likely in your area. ( Weather, job stability, power outages, etc. ) Then work concentrically outward to include the more drastic scenarios.

As you said, if you have the basics you will be 90% ahead of 90% of the sheeple around you.

#32 ·
@GoodSam it sounds like you're off to a very good start. You seem to have a good plan and are aware of where you need to improve. Don't get too disappointed if you can't find the perfect place right away. Timing is everything. Have a little faith on that one and I'll bet it shows up when the time is right.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.