Military survival instructor
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Military survival instructor within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Introduction and Welcome category; Hi my name is Dave and I am a military SERE (survival) Instructor. I have over 14 years of SERE experience and have taught everyone ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Military survival instructor

Hi my name is Dave and I am a military SERE (survival) Instructor. I have over 14 years of SERE experience and have taught everyone from aircrew to engineers to life support equipment guys to Special Forces from all arms of the military and several foreign armed forces. I have practical and applied knowledge in Desert, Jungle, Temperate, Urban, Coastal and Sea Survival as well as fast jet ejection drills and helicopter underwater escape training (the Dunker).

I have several other unique skill-sets to draw upon such as Team Medic, Combat Recovery, search and rescue, conduct-after-capture, fieldcraft, survival planning, Joint Personnel Recovery (JPR), combat first aid, evasion, resistance training, unarmed combat, psychology of survival, advanced driving/riding, Police Response driver, scuba diving, threat evaluation, intelligence preparation, electronic warfare, private pilot and many other niche areas.

I am a prepper, but rely more on knowledge and skills as my default setting, anything else I can buy to help me then my default position should the SHTF will be much more comfortable. I plan for the worst but hope (and prep) for the best

I intend to contribute as much as I can over the years by utilising my experience, knowledge and in-depth research with references for any opinions I have.

I have a dislike for the following -

- Celebrity survival 'experts' who either make things up, are down right dangerous or spend the night in hotels after filming. If you talk the talk, then you have to walk the walk!

- People who will not change their opinion despite overwhelming proof to the contrary.

- Bullies or intimidating those less able to look after themselves i.e. children, animals or vulnerable members of society.

- Racists, bigots, various flavours of 'phobes' or downright ignorant people. The world is full of unique people who are all different, this doesn't make them bad or lesser, just different. And no, I am not a 'snowflake' or liberal!

- People hiding behind a keyboard and using that disconnection from real people to exercise their stupid gene. If you wont say it in front of the person, don't say it. It's just plain cowardice!

- Politicians. No matter what flavour they are, they are all taking away liberties, raising taxes and making deals with the devil to further their own ends. The 'system' is built on inherent corruption, no matter what country you are from.

I have a love for the following -

- Healthy debate

- Being challenged

- Learning new skills/information

- Teaching

- Constructive criticism.

- Understanding that people who hurt, are normally hurting. Showing a little bit of empathy and understanding can work wonders.

That's is me in a nutshell, please reach out and give me a shout if you have any questions or thoughts.

Chat soon

Dave
    Last edited by SurvivorChap; 09-07-2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Removed my website address
    Camel923, Chiefster23 and RedLion like this.

Welcome to the club, . . . pull up a spud shovel, . . . and empty orange crate, . . . lets dig spuds for the winter.

Ohio guy here, . . . just trying to have enough in reserve to get me through the next one, . . . whatever it proves to be.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Well damn Dave you have quite the resume. Welcome! I believe I'd enjoy sitting down for a beer with you just to hear your stories. I bet you have a few.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hi guys. I wouldn't say I have many stories to tell, beer sounds good though
    Sasquatch likes this.

Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome!

The Good Cop

Welcome.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Welcome. If your half of what you claim, you’ll fit it great however, I speak for most of us when I say we are skeptical of someone who not only plugs their own website on the first post, but infact uses it as there screen name...
    SurvivorChap likes this.

Well, you might be alright.
    You'll see, we are kinda leary of new people, but, we do open the doors.
    Sounds like you are gonna fit right in.
    Mind if i ask what state you are in?
    Just helps, and by your post, you seem pretty seasoned, so I'm guessing 35 ish?
    Not that it matters, what really matters is prepping, surviving, teaching, learning, and having a good debate every now and then.
    Welcome from New Mexico, from a southern boy. D
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Dave Canterbury ?
    A Watchman likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Welcome
    What service branch?
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links