existing bug out property and prepper group - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

existing bug out property and prepper group

This is a discussion on existing bug out property and prepper group within the New Jersey forums, part of the Regions category; just the fact that you are in NJ and plan on bugging out to that NY BOL >>>> leaves me wary of your overall qualifications ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: existing bug out property and prepper group

just the fact that you are in NJ and plan on bugging out to that NY BOL >>>> leaves me wary of your overall qualifications in establishing & leading a BOL - much less a diverse hodgepodge of society ....
    Denton likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Jehoiakim: I can sympathize with you as I have been there as well in searching for members.
    We have a 30 acre completed bug out location in Florida with 50 members. I will share details on what we did and all of our mistakes with you later.

But in regards to recruiting, it is between tough and impossible. It is like a thief trying to sell stolen diamonds. If he doesn't show them or talk about them there can be no sales. But if he shows and talks, the chances of getting arrested increase. Its a fine line.

Be very leary of people moving to your town for this. Some will try to live off you and you may be stuck with them. Our rule was that if you moved here, you had to live off property until activation time, period. We only had one such person and I was glad of this rule. She didn't work out.

Suggest you prepare a website like this in the town with the property: PensacolaPreppers.us

Also suggest you spend an hour on the GROUP SURVIVAL tab on the above site. It is a blueprint on what we did (be it right or wrong). It may help in your planning and development. Note that there are several sections regarding finding new members. Also note that there is a formal Eviction Process that all agree to.

Hang in there Buddy, the hardest part is the recruiting. Its a lonely hard journey and many may treat you as crazy; but its usually the crazy ones that create their crazy visions.

P.S. We just printed up Tee Shirts with Pensacola Preppers on it. We made sure that if it is searched on the internet, it always pops up in the top 3. This is a new approach for us and we hope it may spark quiet research later of a conversation immediately.

I also suggest when referring to the property state that it is owned by a relative. This way your name cannot be researched in the county land records.

Rat Summation:

I always thought that it was a stupid rat that went down the wrong corridor in a rat maze. But now I know better, especially if the rat was lucky enough to find cheese on his first foray. How else will he know if that was all the cheese? So let me sum it up for you. You are trying something new in which there is no real cook-book to follow. So just continue to try everything that you can think of. There are truly very few organized groups and they ain't talking. And for anyone who thinks I am nuts for posting my information on the internet, there is no fact posted that leads to our members or location. Therefore, our internet space is somewhat safe so we risk it to help others and possibly locate a local member by showing our wares up front.

Hope some of this helps. Best of luck to ya.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 06-11-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    Denton, Slippy and jehoiakim like this.

We have a private camp quarantine but are selling a few one-year spots to people with money and having to learn to help. If they have enough money, they don't even have to know how to cook. If they don't have much, lots of site help will be needed. Want to get the well pump in and start heading that way too. At the border now.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Count me in like gin!
    Wait.... you're bringing gin? 'cuz if you are, I have this piece of land in Vermont...
    Slippy likes this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1. I have plans underway for shelter, but I don't plan on giving too much information about myself or plans until I know people personally and build a friendship first.

2. I do plan on coming back if this site is active, the other ones I have been on have been pretty dead the last few years.

3. I didn't really let anyone know much of anything other then that property will be in NY state and its 50 acres, so um, yeah I didn't give away anything about me really or where the property.

4. Hawgrider... Yeah um NY would not be my first choice, bu I am stuck in NJ because my kids are here and my Ex refused to move for years, once they are on their own I will move some place that isn't so liberal. Personally I could get out of this place fast enough... if I wasn't tied down by being a father first. I was interested in PA, but it is ridiculously polluted, it's not cheap, and there are not a lot of water options, anything else is too far a drive for a bug out. PA will also be a complete left leaning state in a few short decades. NY is my 15 year plan until I can move elsewhere. NY state actually has a lot of great conservative people in it, its NYC that has taken the whole state down, and no matter where you live eventually the urbanites will do the same thing to your state they have done to mine, just a matter of time, and it sneaks up on you. Troll on, your quickness to judge just proves you would make a pretty poor prepping partner anyway. Assumptions are the mother of all screwups, of which you are full of I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jehoiakim View Post
    ........ Troll on, your quickness to judge just proves you would make a pretty poor prepping partner anyway. Assumptions are the mother of all screwups, of which you are full of I'm sure.
    Take a look in a mirror.
    hawgrider likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Back Pack Hack, Um, the dude is busting my balls and he knows nothing about me, he's making assumptions, I'm not allowed to call him on that and dish it back? If someone treated you like that what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by jehoiakim View Post
    Back Pack Hack, Um, the dude is busting my balls and he knows nothing about me, he's making assumptions, I'm not allowed to call him on that and dish it back? If someone treated you like that what would you do?
    Yet..... you're judging us when you know nothing about us.

I'm done here. You're just not worth it.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I only judged one guy, and I really wasn't even judging him, just giving him a hard time back. I don't know anything about him, you're right, I was just pointing out that he was being a jerk because he called me a retard. I assume he was just joking, but when you joke hard, I'm gonna give it back... if me defending myself is "judging you" .. I don't get it.... Yeah I'm not worth it then I guess lol, sounds to me like your looking for a reason not to like me....

You want to treat me like a person and I will gladly treat you back like a person, we can also start over anytime, I don't hold grudges, but whatever... your call, good luck when SHTF.

The Good Cop

I have been on this forum since it began.
    Over those years the number of people joining in order to recruit for their "bug out property" has been large enough to make us old timers skeptical.
    Plus, most of us are wary by nature.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links