Question for military folk - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question for military folk

This is a discussion on Question for military folk within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; we don't remove our covers for things like this, a salute for the national anthem and a list of others, but not for god bless ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Question for military folk

we don't remove our covers for things like this, a salute for the national anthem and a list of others, but not for god bless America. in uniform at least
    Denton and rice paddy daddy like this.

I saluted in uniform,I wear no uniform now,I put my hand over my heart and I shed a tear.
    RubberDuck and Slippy like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

My Father is hand over heart unless it is a Parade and the flag goes by with the VFW and American Legion he Salutes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I salute the flag, the National Anthem, and always, always the playing of Taps.

God Bless America, I will stand at attention, and will most likely have misty eyes. I love the song and what it represents.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I always salute when the National Anthem and Taps is played, have done it for 60 years if not longer.

Not much near any parades but when I did I always saluted the flag.

When at Celtics or Bruins games I ALWAYS stood up and saluted, so did everyone else back then.

There were no colin dickheads then, just since O'thigger came on the scene.
    Smitty901 likes this.

[QUOTE=sideKahr;1182426]I was dismayed by the number of Memorial Day parade watchers on Monday who did not stand when the colors passed by. Perhaps it's just ignorance. I know that many people disagree with what our government does, but a person can dislike the government and still love their country.[/QUOTE @sideKahr , unfortunately alot of schools don't teach.respect for the flag or what the flag stands for. When I was in school we started every day with the pledge of ALLEGIANCE. Also we had a PRAYER. Now kids are taught that it is okay to desecrate the flag. These younger of generations don't associate the flag with actual people who died to give us the freedom of speech. They just don't teach it anymore. Very sad and shameful.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

The Good Cop

Just like most everything else, love of country should be taught at home.

I grew up in the aftermath of WW2. I was taught Duty, Honor, Country by watching the example set not only by my parents, but by all the other adults in the neighborhood.

If today's parents don't give a hoot about patriotism, neither will their kids.
    My kids grew up to become mothers, and they are conservative as all get out, love their country, both belong as Associate Members to the Society of the 5th Infantry Division, both are members of Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America.

The younger one has been to a reunion with me, the older will be going with me in 2021. Here she will meet veterans who have faced the guns, and learn they are just regular guys like her Dad. Guys who stand tall at attention when the Colors are posted at our banquets. Guys who salute and tear up at the Memorial Service for our fallen.

Religion should be taught at home, so should love of country. Lazy parents expect the schools to do it for them.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

My patriotism was taught to me by this Man
    and the many more Vets I grew up with at the VFW and American Legions. I may not know his whole story and I may not ever know but at 72 at the time of this Memorial day Parade I still see the memory and passion.
    This country has lost its values that start at home and were backed up by the educational institutions it's gone and with all the snow flake rainbow in your face I am offended babys it's not likely coming back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question for military folk-screenshot_20200217-165336_1582431929437.jpg  

Do not confuse Patriotism with love of government.

I love this great republic, the country of these United States of America. I do not give 2 shits for the tyrannical federal government.
    rice paddy daddy and SOCOM42 like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Do not confuse Patriotism with love of government.

I love this great republic, the country of these United States of America. I do not give 2 shits for the tyrannical federal government.
    As a Vietnam veteran you can be damn sure I do not trust or even like our government, no matter who is in power.
    Which may explain why you’ll see no Trump worship from me.
    They are all lying bastards.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and Swimmer1 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links